Thursday, October 16, 2008

Eye of the Tiger

Tonight's kickboxing class at the gym was bananas. Not regular bananas, like BANANAS!!!

I knew I was in trouble when I saw the jacked male instructor walk in (definitely not like the feminine male instructor I had for step aerobics last night.) We started out by jogging around the room, doing 20 push ups, squats against the mirror, 75 jumping jacks and on and on like it was never ending. It was absolutely excruciating, one of those moments where I think I can't believe I paid money to do this (and that was just the warm-up.) The class got much better when we did the actual boxing (this time with gloves, I don't ever usually take kickboxing that require them) though my hands wreaked afterwards (my poor engagement ring.) I also got called out for ducking a punch as doing a dance move which was pretty funny. Michael Jackson Street Jam obviously taught me something.
Did anyone watch Grey's Anatomy tonight? I was watching it in pieces because I was cooking. I didn't really know what was going on with the storyline - though what I did know is that as I was taking a bite out of my dinner, I looked up to see a patient's face peeled off with just the eyeballs exposed on muscle during a surgery. NOT appetizing.

No comments: