Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I'm Trying To Fit You In But I Can't Seem To Find the Room

This has turned into a very confusing and crappy gig week!

Air Traffic are playing four CMJ shows this week (all of which are free I might add.) I planned to go to one tomorrow and one on Friday. Turns out that Robyn isn't able to come to the Living Room show anymore because she has something to attend for work and now I've just read that Air Traffic are going on at 4:00 pm on Friday rather than 5:00 pm (though their website still says 5:00) and I doubt Heather will be able to make it from her job on time. Why are you playing so early, WHY!!!

Then I found out that British Sea Power are not going on until midnight on Thursday!! I don't live in the city anymore, I can't do this! There's a 1:19 am LIRR but then I'd be at the gig for less than an hour but I don't not want to go.

I don't really want to go to the Air Traffic shows by myself. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have a problem with this, but as these are early CMJ shows, I'm picturing myself at them with about 3 other people feeling like a total idiot.

So, as of now, if I can't force anyone into going with me (they are playing at 10 pm on Thursday hint hint all!) then I think my new Thursday plan will be this:

3:30 pm - Leave work early
3:45 pm - Focus group with beer consumption (don't tell work people, shhh)
6:30 pm - Seminar at NYU for international relations people looking for jobs in the government (I have to do something serious at some point during the week)
10:00 pm - Go solo to The Canal Room to see Air Traffic (I have to kill time anyway because Pela are opening for BSP and I don't want to put myself through that again)
11:00 pm-ish: BSP at Bowery Ballroom

That sort of makes sense, but in any case, if you are my friend (or want to be my friend) these are all of the Air Traffic shows this week (barring the midnight one in Gramercy on Thursday.) If anyone is interested in going with me (remember they are free) please let me know. I'll even go so far as to buy you a beer or mixed drink of your choice!

Wednesday: 6:00 pm at The Living Room**
Thursday: 10:00 pm at The Canal Room
Friday: 4:00 pm (or 5?) at Pianos

After all, how could one not love this song?

Air TrafficCharlotte

**Update: It now says on the website that this event is private so possibly scratch that anyway.

No comments: