Monday, October 15, 2007

When You're a Jet, You're the Top Cat in Town

So, I went to 53rd and Lex to run some errands on my lunch break. I took the subway there, and when I went to take it back, I got on the E, was reading the Metro and I suddenly started wondering why it was taking so long to get to the next stop. Well, it turned out it was because I went to Queens by accident, doh! It's going to be a long week.

I'm now caught up on all of the Gossip Girls eps. The last shot of the most recent episode focused on the Sherry Netherland, where I worked for a terrible two weeks. That pretty much ruined the whole episode for me.

Also, I watched Legally Blonde (the musical) on TV. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised!! And Laura Bell Bundy (who plays Elle) used to be on Guiding Light, snaps to that.

This weekend flew by again. On Friday night, Heather, Kat, and I went to Emily's birthday at iBop where they hired out a karaoke room. I thought that singing This Is How We Do It in the beginning would be a good motivator, but it was actually a terrible idea (though I don't think we butchered it as badly as Poison.) We sang everything pretty much in groups, my favorites we did were Promiscuous and Smile. I might end up making the last one my signature karaoke song, what do you think?

On Saturday night I went to dinner with Vicki to Friend House for sushi, yummm. We went to Bounce (the downtown one) which has these huge beer cylinders at each table that holds like 8 pints or something (I wasn't drinking though.) After that I ended up meeting up with Gareth and his friends at Professor Thom's to watch the Red Sox game. Not drinking and standing in heels in a sweltering bar during an 11 inning baseball game does not a happy Meredith make.

Yesterday, Heather, Jessica, and I went to the Oyster Fest in Oyster Bay. I did not get any seafood, instead I was in a pulled pork mood so I went for that. UGH!!! The whole thing was blobs of fat covered in barbeque sauce. I think I'm off the pulled pork for a while now, I doubt even Bodeans could tempt me.

I went to Charlie Brown's tonight for dinner. I thought they were doing a raffle or mailing list sign-up when I walked in till someone pointed out that it was actually one of the Jets signing autographs (whoops!) It was Hank Poteat - Does anyone reading this know who I'm talking about?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, of course I know who Hank Poteat is.... until last season he was a Patriot.

I don't know if you saw any of it (I doubt it) but Sunday night's game between the Patriots and the Dallas Cowboys was the most watched regular season NFL game since CBS reacquired the rights to show the sport in 1998. It was a great game too.

Have you been watching 30 Rock? I've just started from the beginning of Series 1 and I'm loving it so far.

Meredith said...

Didn't see the football game on Sunday. Also I haven't seen 30 Rock though I like Tina Fey so I probably should. It won an emmy this year for best comedy.