Thursday, July 05, 2007

Maybe We'll See on the Fourth of July

My 4th of July was totally lame. I couldn't be bothered to leave my house except to go to the gym; when the rain started coming down I knew the city was definitely not an option. Liz came over and my dad BBQ'd, it was yum. I guess I'm a bit sad I didn't see any fireworks in person but at my ripe old age of 27, laziness trumps pretty debris shooting through the sky.

I went to the midtown on bar crawl on Tuesday. Everyone was drunk when I got there and it was just plain boring. Kate Kearney's is closing permanently on Saturday so they were getting rid of all of their alcohol. This basically meant that all the beer they had was of piss-like quality (and I'm not talking about Coors Light or Bud Light.) Also the toilets were flooded. Heather and I braved the men's room and the smell was sickening (probably normal for a men's bathroom but I had to hold my breath to stop from gagging.) I keep telling myself I won't go back to the next bar crawl but I always do. I feel like I'm missing out if I don't go, but this time I'm serious!!

I forgot to mention that we went back to the pool for Heather's birthday. Here's a photo:

2 comments:

Big Daddy said...

The water looks toxic.

Is it really that dark and muddy?

Meredith said...

It's actually crystal clear. The picture doesn't do the water justice.