Monday, May 21, 2007

Sink or Swim

This weekend was fun! On Friday night I streamed 3 episodes of Lost (thanks ABC.com) - by the way the end of the Ben episode was soooo good. Then I watched a Sopranos from a few weeks ago (hi, Vito's son - you are gross, and hi producers - I can't believe you showed that!!!), then an Entourage and 2 Sex and the Citys. I love Fridays.
sesgsrg
On Saturday I went to the mall to return a few things, then my brother took me for pizza at Eddie's. We split a pizza skins pie (cheddar cheese and bacon) and a bar pie with spinach and anchovies, YUMMYLICIOUS!
dfsxgsxbfh
At night Heather and I went to Marcus' birthday at Hotel QT. We were really hesitant about it at first because it was a pool party but how could I resist? It was actually one of the most fun places I've been to since I returned to NY.
sfgsfhb
The pool isn't huge, about 4 ft. deep, but it's so cool - it's heated, has a swim up bar, and there's also a steam room and sauna (which I didn't venture into.) You can go to the regular side of the bar also in your bathing suit (the swim up bar uses the same bartenders as the regular one so you can see the clothed patrons right through the ordering area on the other side.) The DJ played a really good mix of music, ranging from oldies to rock to hip hop (and people were actually dancing in and around the sides of the pool.) They were showing Edward Scissorhands on the screen above the pool and the DJ was scratching it so ES would look like he was dancing to the music - I have to say it was so funny I almost peed in the pool (much funnier than making the smiley face on Minesweeper mouth the words to hip hop songs - don't even deny you've never done that.)
fxdghdxfhb
Also, the clientele was totally normal. The bar was expensive, but the people were an eclectic mix, no one so shee-shee that I felt uncomfortable, even walking around in my bathing suit. I give it 2 thumbs up, Heather you'd better have your birthday here.
fxdghdxfhb
This is what it looks like:

On Sunday, Robyn and I went to Julie's, had lunch at Bourbon Street, and watched Julie play with cockapoos in the puppy shop (one peed on her.) I then stopped at Gail's to pick up my bridesmaid dress. I haven't tried it on but fingers crossed that I have to get it taken in.

No comments: