Saturday, January 14, 2006

Me and the Skirts

This week has been good ever since I handed in my final paper of the semester on Thursday. Before that I spent most of my time either in the British Library or procrastinating around the flat. On Tuesday night I took a break to see Brokeback Mountain with Brian and Bryan from class. I thought it kind of dragged on a bit, but the acting was excellent. They were so believable in the hook up scenes, I was really impressed and convinced. There really is no other way to label it than as a gay cowboy movie. After that, we realized that 9/10ths of London nightlife was closed, so we just went for a drink at the downstairs of The Social.

On Thursday, after I handed in my paper, I finally made it to the gym. I cancelled that out by having a beer and the most disgusting hamburger I've ever had at the Shakespeare's Head on Carnaby Street with John. It was really gross.

At night I met up with Laura in Camden Town and we had dinner at Wagamama. I can't believe I've been living here since August and this is the first time I've gone there. We went to Bar Vinyl after which has an entertaining pizza menu.

I went to Cafe Nero yesterday to read my cheesy cheap book, The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant. I like it because it takes place in Renaissance Florence (the main character's palazzo is down the block from my old apartment) and I like reading the historical and scenic bits. My goal is to finish it by Monday while I have no work to think about whatsoever, which ultimately will not happen.

Then I went for dinner with Zoe and Joy at Zensai Bar. I had a peanut butter martini which was delicious, and the food was pretty good too. Afterwards, on the street, some guy told me that I "dropped something" so I would bend over because I was wearing a short dress. I shouldn't have been bothered, but I just think it's REALLY RUDE. It was strangely similar to the incident with the keys.

We went to The Worlds End and met up with Laura. After Joy and Zoe left, Laura and I went to the Good Mixer. The guy behind me at the bar decided to lift up the back of my dress. I turned around, grabbed him by the sleeve, yanked on it, yelled at him asking "You just picked up my dress?? You just picked up my dress?!" Gave him two small punches on the arm with the side of my fist, told the female bartender that he had picked up my dress and to please have him removed from the bar, but she looked completely clueless to what I had just said. I turned to the male bartender instead, told him the same thing and he ran around the bar immediately. My assailant (who was like 40 years old) told me he was leaving and walked out. The bartender got through the crowd with another male bartender but I told him the guy'd already left. They still went outside the bar and I don't know what happened but they came back pretty quickly. Hooray for the Good Mixer male bartenders!!! Oh yeah, I cried for two minutes after that, but would you expect anything less? It was strangely similar to the incident with the Jagermeister.

After that we went to the Lock Tavern for a drink to end the night. I'm not even going to mention all the food I ate in between. Lets just say that I had no self control yesterday.

Today Laura and I watched Jodie's eviction from the Big Brother House. Looks like I got the first three nominations correct as well as the first evictee. How cool would that be if I got every prediction right? So not happening.

Mairead is coming over here to pre-drink tonight before we go out. We don't have a plan though, so if you have any ideas please let us know. Cheers!

Current Music: Pulp - Disco 2000

No comments: