Sunday, January 15, 2006

You Can’t Mistake My Biology

Last night was very random. Mairead and I went to Soho and just figured we'd pick a bar to go to. We decided to go to G-A-Y, so we went in, but realized it was only a bar, and not the big club/night in the Astoria.

Around midnight we left and went to the real G-A-Y. The bouncer asked us what bars we've been to in the area. I knew that Thirst and Moonlighting were definitely the wrong answers as they were probably not lesbian enough, but we still managed to get in. The boys in there were seriously cutting up the dancefloor. Mairead and I met two boyfriends who told us we were too sexy to be lesbians. I guess a gay guy calling us sexy is a pretty good compliment! (Especially considering I can't get a straight guy to tell me that.) We ended up dancing with them all night which was really fun. We also picked a good night as Mark Owen was performing. It was a personal bonus considering he's my favorite member of Take That, and we were able to stand in the third row!

I got home really late (I'm not quite sure how I still have feet to be honest), and as a result didn't do much today except for watch the new OC. I got totally lost near the Marylebone High Street for about 20 minutes, which I have to say is a very cute area to get lost in. I eventually found Alex and I took him for a belated birthday dinner at Zonzo which was an Italian restaurant on the rather ghetto Edgeware Road. Then we watched Celebrity BB at his flat.

Now I'm back here and I'm thinking about switching my classes so it looks like I'll be heading to Wells Street tomorrow to check out the one I'm contemplating taking.

Current Music: The Libertines - Boys in the Band

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turning into a bit of a fag-hag? G-A-Y and Brokeback Mountain in the same weekend!!

As for your BB predictions, they were indeed surprisingly accurate. Perhaps you should be betting on it... you could make some money with that kind of accurate prediction!

Awreye said...

"too sexy to be lesbians" -- that belongs on a t-shirt.

haven't thought about take that in years. randomness: take that stopped by my high school as part of their (first?) american pr tour. why my hs? i have no clue, no one knew who they were. their visit was during the height of the grunge era, so you can imagine the wtf? student reaction after take that performed. i think a few people booed.