Sunday, February 08, 2015

Neighborhood #1

Last night, Dave and I walked around our old section of the neighborhood for the first time in months to see what was still in business, what had closed, and what had opened. The King of Falafel went from simple street cart to a huge green monstrosity:


I know they've won the Vendy and always have a huge line so they needed to expand, but it was a ridiculous sight. There's even a TV screen menu on the other side! They have a regular-sized cart on 30th Ave. so there is still some authenticity to be found if you like to get your shawarma the old-fashioned way.

Crescent Lounge, right by our old block, is now closed. The replacement bar looks very similar, and is showing the Grammys tonight, so it's probably the same clientele.

And not that I walked past it, but Scandals, the strip club by Queensboro Plaza has closed. End of an era, amiright?

We finally checked out sekend sun (new-ish bar in the old Veslo space.) $2 off happy hour till 8 pm on a Saturday + good music + giant Queens sign. Might be my new favorite place?


Bonus: I spilt an entire glass of wine and the waitress replaced it for free (they are definitely getting a nice Yelp review for that.) I got white wine all over my sweater, crotch, front of my jeans, and somehow, the backs of my knees into my boots. Then I walked home in 25 degree weather which was not so pleasant. As a side note, I also accidentally spit my gum out into my hair while I was walking and talking, not once, but twice last night. So, um, yeah.

They played Penguin Prison in the Gap today. They are finally playing Brooklyn in March and I'm going, hooray! That's the same week that I'm going to see Catfish & the Bottlemen and The Cribs, so I might die.

We got dancing speakers.  Jealous much?


Current Music: Catfish & The Bottlemen: Cocoon (still on repeat)

No comments: