Sunday, February 15, 2015

We Stayed in by the Telly

A few months ago, I received a notification that I may be able to participate in an some e-book settlement. Without hesitation, and without having any idea what book I purchased or which app I used to do so with for this case, I opted in. Well, my settlement has come folks, and oh, is it sweet:


In case you can't read that, it's for a whopping $0.73. Woohoo! I can buy, uh, erm, one of those singular Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures from the gas station convenience shop with my settlement money (hopefully.)

Dave's parents bought us a personalized calendar with our names in all different scenarios for Xmas this year.  Here's February:

And for the record, here is January:

We're watching old Jools Holland episodes. He led one of the introductions as "Now, let's enjoy Aloe Blacc!"  I like that intro, it's cute in a show where introductions can be repetitive. For the 'mericans who don't know Jools, he was previously in the band Squeeze. Have some "Up the Junction":


That's one of those songs I only first heard a few years ago and found out it was Squeeze, and then was like that's Squeeze?!

Which was kind of like the time when I was like, "Hey, what's this song? I like it!" and the Google search turned up Depeche Mode:

And same for this Blondie song (swoon):

Then she performed it at Glastonbury this year, and I was all kinds of happy:


It's absolutely freezing outside, so I've been watching the Saturday Night Live in the 80s and 90s specials on VH1 all day today. I remembered so many of the sketches and jokes to the T, meanwhile I can't even remember what I ate for lunch today. They were interspersing musicians' clips and they were so 90s-tastic - Garbage, Barenaked Ladies, and my boys got featured too:


Noel Gallagher tickets went on sale on Friday morning at 10 am for Webster Hall in May, and yes, I set a Fitbit alarm just to make sure I got back to my desk in time for this. This was the chain of events:
Ticketmaster site at 9:59 am --> refresh --> refresh --> redirected to Ticketweb very slowly --> Noel Gallagher Webster Hall search --> select 2 tickets & checkout --> loading --> loading --> panic --> call Dave to get tickets --> Dave doesn't answer --> original screen still loading --> go on Ticketweb on my phone --> go on second web browser for tickets --> panic some more --> 10:07 am tickets sold out --> 10:08 am 122 tickets on sale at Stubhub for more than double the price --> I leave to cry in the bathroom.

Well, the last part wasn't true but I was close to it. I'm usually so good at getting tickets pre-sell out (reference Franz Ferdinand at Bowery Ballroom here, and Radiohead at Roseland here.) There are activist groups against touts rights? Because I think I've found a cause that I can truly get behind. (I'm seeing him at Governor's Ball, but the set and size won't be the same. Totally not the point.) Still not sure if I'm more upset or furious, but probably the former.

Also, Papa John's now has a PIZZA WITH PICKLES ON IT!

Current Music: Paul McCartney - Let Me Roll It

No comments: