Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Don't Ask Me I'm Only the President

The electoral votes are still being counted but it's pretty obvious what's about to go down. What I want to know is how the group who make up electoral district 122 got into their positions? This was the most disorganized system I ever seen!!

I was actually lucky enough to vote in my apartment complex. I went down there a few minutes before 9:00 am and the line was probably 75+ people deep. This is understandable as people want to vote before work, but not understandable (OR acceptable) when -

  • The 75+ line is only for last names A-L when the other line for M-Z has a maximum of 5 people on it at all times.
  • They didn't check any IDs, only made you sign under your pre-printed signature. So I could have essentially given anyone's name who I knew was voting in that district and just copied their signature and voted for them.
  • The two voting booths are split the same way the lines are, meaning that after registering,

.............-The A-L booth has another line to wait on that is 10+ people deep.

.............-While the M-Z has no one in the booth at all!

When it got to about 3 people before me to register, the brainless volunteers finally decided it was okay for the A-Ls to use the empty voting booth so they wouldn't have to wait another 15 minutes on a second line. DUHHHHHHH!

There was a dad behind me with 2 daughters who were screaming, running around, and crying the entire time. They were hanging on the registration table, and to top it off, when I went to exit the voting booth, one of the girls was actually in there with me. Control your fucking kids people!

All toll, I spent an hour and 15 minutes waiting to get my vote on (compared to the M-Zs who probably spent no more than 5 minutes all in all.) This is a lot of time spent for someone who doesn't even like either candidate!! All I care about is Bush leaving, so congrats to whoever wins.

I do care about Bloomberg running for and winning a third term. Does that count for something?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so funny mer!

I was thinking at first, ha ha ha I am M-Z and then i remembered, i am in the A-L category now.

Can't wait to see you in December!

Meredith said...

When are you coming? I'm trying to go to London Dec. 19 - Jan. 4 so hopefully I won't miss you!