Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Ocean Breathes Subway

This has been the first week in, err, weeks where I've come home at a decent hour and not done anything but change into comfortable pants the minute I walk in. I feel like I should be doing things, even though I'm just hanging around the apartment. Things I could be doing right now include:

- Clean that pile of stuff on my pink chair
- Read my book
- Paint my nails
- Write thank you cards
- Play sudoku
- Watch DVR'd shows
- Call/email my friends
- Do laundry
- Repent

Yeah, I don't foresee any of the above happening except possibly watching tonight's America's Next Top Model. Oh! I did get Tasti D-Lite before if that counts as doing something.

One great thing about living in this neighborhood is that Corner Bakery place on the southeast side of 93rd and 3rd. The smell that resonates from that place when they bake at night, my God! I even smelt it from all the way across 3rd avenue tonight.
,mzxcn,dcn
Who was I talking to recently about NYC throwing old subway cars into the ocean? Back story - Dave and I did the Circle Line around Manhattan this summer and there were loads of old subway cars (the gross kind like the E train) piled up along the East River all the way north past Harlem. In fact, here are the photos:
Apparently they take them out into the ocean and just dump them. I had never heard of this and was pretty shocked as it's definitely a controversial thing (I still don't get why they can't recycle the materials?) Anyway, I saw this little article in AM NY this morning:
Current Music: Echo and the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon

1 comment:

Big Daddy said...

I saw a show a while back where they imploded an aircraft carrier so that it could act as the starting grounds for coral reef.