Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Blogging Because I Can!

I'm half-assed watching the debate but I just can't focus. This is because it's FUCKING BORING! I've also been wanting to say this for a while but didn't post it as my Facebook status for fear of backlash by the masses:

Obama supporters are like Yankee fans - They get off on listening to themselves root for their cause and are COMPLETELY ANNOYING!
jhdfksjhf
I bought the new Oasis cd and I must tell you, it's fucking fantastic. I'm not just saying that because I have to stand behind my boys (I definitely admit they've had a few crappers i.e. All Around the World) but it's seriously awesome. I got tickets for their MSG show (Ryan Adams opening - NICE!) though that doesn't fully make up for their prior cancellation at Terminal 5. That devastating blow made me think about how Oasis has fucked me over a couple of times in the past -
jhdfksjhf
Spring 2000 - I dragged Julie all the way down to the FNAC to get tickets to see them in Paris (no, I didn't drag her from NY, we were there already) giddy as a kid in a candy store, only to find out they canceled.
Spring 2000 - I dragged my ass to Milan by myself to see the first stop on the make-up tour at which Noel declined to show.
Fall 2008 - Oasis book a show at Terminal 5, make it near-to-impossible to get tickets, Alex manages to get me tickets about a week after I thought I was permanently shut out, and they canceled. On my birthday. That was due to a fan attack-related injury, but so not the point.
jhdfksjhf
Alas, I still love them.
jhdfksjhf
I was also thinking how this has been an amazing calendar year for concerts for me. It was basically a slew of legends (well legends in my head.)
jhdfksjhf
Stevie Wonder at MSG
The Verve at Wamu theater (never thought I'd see that again in this lifetime)
The Who at The Orpheum (in the third row)
George Michael at MSG (yes, legend)
New Kids on the Block at Nassau Coliseum (not kidding it was great - vid to follow)
Oasis at MSG (pending they don't cancel)
Plus a few others that will get honorable mentions in my end of year recap.
jhdfksjhf
Pork barrel blah blah blah.
jhdfksjhf
I totally became addicted to Sudoku. I avoided it for years because I knew that would happen. One long plane ride and an In Touch Weekly and these puzzles became crack. Like, I won't go to sleep without doing a couple of pages of these mathematical nightmares now. Not healthy.
jhdfksjhf
I also tried Pinkberry for the first time. The taste is like nothing I'd ever experienced, shocking to the tongue but easy to get used to and enjoy. Plus I don't feel like a fatass eating it with fruit and you get a natural taste unlike Tasti D Lite which is nice.
jhdfksjhf
I went to Lauren's bachelorette party this weekend. It was actually an overnight cruise on a real cruiseship which had a destination of "Nowhere." I think they should have sold shot glasses and souvenirs that said "Nowhere" rather than "Norweigian Cruise Lines" but what do I know about marketing. Have some group photos (courtesy of everyone but me):
Now, have some New Kids:

If anything, listen to this for the screams.

Dirty Dancing - A boy band at its finest!

No comments: