Monday, October 27, 2008

Long Time Coming

On Thursday, I woke up at 5:30 am, flew back from San Francisco and had a CMJ gig. When I got to Bowery, I bumped into Engelmon who told me that Chuck Bass was there! CHUCK FREAKIN' BASS!!! He also told me that Serena Van Der Woodsen and Vanessa had been spotted as well but I didn't see any of them. Thanks for the tip on nothing Matt!!

Scouting for Girls were the penultimate band. I knew the song 'Heartbeat' which they play on XFM which is decent. They were very into audience participation, a bit too much, but I thought they were alright.

Delays didn't go on until 12:30 am (I surprisingly wasn't that pooped) and they were awesome!! They are super melodic and the singer has still got his unique freakishly cartoony voice that I love. No encore (I'm assuming that was a CMJ thing) but I already can't wait till they come back (hopefully they won't wait another four years.) To tide me over, I've been listening to them non-stop since the show. Here are some photos -
They sang about this (not the stairway part)... This... and this!
On Friday night I went with Erica and Kat to her local and we met a dude who majored in History at Binghamton and graduated this past May. I was like WOW I'm old. Then his brother was like "If it makes you feel better, I graduated in '06." And I was all yeah goodbye!

On Saturday night a few of us went to a birthday at Nikki Beach or Nikki Midtown or whatever it's called. I used to go there when it was 151 back in the day because there was free happy hour. The last time I was there I actually fell asleep on the couch, no joke! That's the only time I've ever done that in a bar (well, actually it was a club so that's probably worse.)
ljhkugu
Yeah so anyways, I didn't know that whore was back in style! (How come you guys never tell me these things??) I don't know if it's bridge and tunnel, pure desperation, or a combination of both but the girls were disgusting. Oh also, a dude came up to me and this was the conversation -

Dude: Excuse me, are you black?
Me: Um - do I look black?!
Dude: Your body is CRAZY!
Me: Um, thanks? Definitely not black.
Dude: But your body is CRAZY!
Me: I'M NOT BLACK!

Thanks to work, yesterday I went to AC/DC's final dress rehearsal before their Black Ice tour. We got bussed to PA (and watched about 15 episodes of Rob & Big on the way there and back), had very close seats (it was a private invite-only show), and overall it was pretty freakin cool.
For some old farts they really know how to rock!

They had fire explosions, I thought we were going to die.

Angus is awesome, I had no idea.They had a load of canons go off during the final song. Luckily, I've still got my hearing. They sang about this...This...

and this!

A whole lotta her below...

No comments: