Friday, February 29, 2008

Lost and Found

I misplaced a few important things over this past year. I couldn't understand where they went and it was really starting to get on my nerves. Last Sunday I tore apart my closet looking for my Vera Bradley bag which I only just got for Hanukkah. I didn't find it, but my cleaning did prompt me to finally throw out about 7 pairs of shoes that I used to wear to Sweet Sixteen parties back in 1995.

The other day I went into my room (I knew something was up immediately since my door was closed and I hadn't left it like that.) You can imagine what I found in a neat pile on the floor...

1 Vera Bradley bag
1 Banana Republic suit jacket (that I usually wear on interviews)
1 pair of INC trousers (that I usually wear on interviews)
1 pair of black leather Nine West heels (which I only wore for a month until they disappeared last March)
1 CD of old photos
1 black Primark bag (not that important and definitely inexpensive but that is so not the point)

They were all under a pile of crap in my brother's room. Can someone please explain to me how he did not spot this bright, girly bag in his junk?
I haven't been to a gig in ages, now I have a ton coming up. Unfortunately a lot of them are on Saturday nights (I thought that was annoying at first, but now thinking it over maybe that's a good thing.) In the upcoming weeks I have Pigeon Detectives, The Stills, Bell X1, Longwave, and Ash (Wombats are playing the same night grrr.) I still want to go to Elbow (anyone?), I plan to get Verve tickets tomorrow (fingers crossed), and I'm going to get Kooks for June. I'm now debating going to All Points West Crap on the Friday as well, but that's not till August. This is because I know that when August 8th rolls around and everyone is going to see Radiohead except for me, I'll think back to this day and wonder how I could have been so stupid as to not buy a ticket.

Meghan and I got free passes to see Semi Pro on Tuesday. That was two hours of my life I'll never get back. Will Ferrell should retire immediately, it was good while it lasted Buddy (ha, like how I punned that?) The only good thing about this movie is that I got a free sweatband - I've never owned one before, and now I can wear it at the gym, yay!

On Wednesday night I went for dinner with Ryan before watching a band play (I knew the singer.) Anyways, we had Thai food and I decided to get Pad Thai (what else) with duck for a change. The duck was totally mushy and gross and I was so mad at myself for ordering it. Well, I forgot what Ryan told me beforehand...that it was vegetarian duck! I think I committed the worst carnivore crime possible, yugh.

You know how I had a good time at Tiswas last week but there was something a bit off (primarily 80s British music rather than up-to-date) and the resident DJs weren't around (just some dude with dreads?) Well, that's because Tiswas was downstairs!!! I thought there was just a regular bar down by the bathrooms, and I assumed that since the band played on the ground floor, that's where it was. I knew something was wrong!

Hoboken St. Patty's Day is tomorrow. I'm not starting till 1:00 pm (rumor has it you're screwed if you don't get to the bars before 11:00 am) but I don't remember that from the last time I went about 5 years ago. I will most definitely be reliving 2002 all over again tomorrow.

Also, I really want chocolate.

Current Music: The Enemy - This Song Is About You

No comments: