Monday, February 25, 2008

Counting Coins on the Counter of the 7/11 From a Quarter Past Six Til a Quarter to Seven

This is how my last week has gone:Does 7 days of hard core aerobic exercise minus 4 days of alcohol consumption equal any calories actually burned? Hrmph.
And speaking of this, my turn, straddle, turn, side kick, turn, diagonal, over, pivot, over almost turned into turn, straddle, turn, side kick, turn, diagonal, over, pivot, SPEW last night. Don't EVER take a step class after a night of heavy drinking.

Also, I somehow spent $90 on Saturday night. WTF?!
Dinner at Essex...$30
Drinks at Pianos...$16
Admission to Tiswas...comped
Bar tab...$40
Other drinks paid for...$12?
Compensation for drinks from Jenn and Meghan...-$20
1 Beer from Bartender via Kat...free
1 Shot bought by Aly...free
Taxi...$10
Pizza...$3
Random guy in Normandy elevator stealing the cheese off my pizza and eating it...Priceless
I want my cheese back thanks.
Me, Kat, Meghan, and Aly went out for dinner on Sat night. I was all about the goat cheese last week (I had it at dinner with Rachel and Robyn on Tuesday also.) Then we met up with Ilyssa and Jenn in Pianos for a drink, and then headed to Tiswas. I hadn't been in almost 4 years which is so sad (it's my favorite Britpop night in NYC.) Aly's friend Orion's band played (The Orion Experience) and they were really good, I would def recommend.* I was worried that my friends were not going to like the DJ set (except for Alex, Emily, and Rory who met us after), but it turned out that the DJ was on 80s British band overload (Erasure and such) and my friends knew a lot of the music so it turned out to be really fun. I think most of us were ridiculously drunk (I definitely was) which didn't make for the best feeling on Sunday. I stayed at Meghan's, then went to 7-11 to get a diet coke, which I spilt all over the counter after wasting the cashier's time by meticulously counting out pennies for what felt like 10 minutes. I met up with Vicki, Lauren, Julie, and Sherri for brunch at Atlantic Grill which was like an Upper East Side old posh people explosion. Great omelette, passed on the mimosas.
And a good side salad too.
Friday night was "island night." Post-gym, I started out my eve by watching two Big Brothers (I cannot believe the drama in this house. Every single person has had an argument about something, and each fight is completely unrelated. It's been great, go Chelsia and James!) Then I watched Survivor and Lost. Regarding the former, I don't know the deal with Yauman since I missed his season, but Cirie is getting on my nerves. As for Lost, holy mama the end was great! I had a suspicion in the beginning of the episode that it would end like that, but I had completely changed my mind by the middle. On abc.com they have a Nickname Generator brought to you by Sawyer. Mine is "Rerun"?
Random.
I just found out that Elbow are playing Webster Hall in April. I've never seen them before and have been waiting for them to tour. I definitely think that no one will want to go with me to this unfortunately. At least Ryan is going to Ash despite all of the St. Patrick's Day festivities so phew for that.
I blow you a kiss, it should reach you tomorrow
I went to Little Havana with Erica and Meghan last week (unfortunately I was saving my WW points for alcohol so I only got corn on the cob and a side salad.) This was the same day that Castro resigned, yet eating there was a complete coincidence. Though I do think it is healthy for everyone to have at least one dictator-stepping-down sangria celebration once in their lifetime.
This festival line-up is the pits.
Hey, so did you see the line-up for the All Points West Festival in New Jersey? I honestly could not be more disappointed. Radiohead are the only band I would actually want to see out of the whole entire line-up!!! I would watch Underworld if I had the option but otherwise blagh. I don't even know most of those bands, though it looks like an indie blogger's wet dream. Disappointing too because Ben was thinking of coming here for it, but I honestly don't think I am interested in buying a ticket. Ben - we need to get on MSN to talk about this.
Please don't judge me for having gone to the following bar.
Last week I went to Session 73 with some of my homies. This guy asked me and I think Heather if we knew about politics so I said I had an MA in International Relations (worrying that he was going to ask me something I didn't know and I'd look like an idiot.) The question was what leader does his friend look like. My quick answer of Vladimir Putin made me feel relieved, and reconfirmed that my $14,000 degree was definitely worth the money.
NOT!
The Oscars were pretty enjoyable last night. I was so glad that song by the Irish dude and chick won, it was the only good song of the evening (though I was still cracking up listening to the Enchanted songs because they reminded me of how silly and enjoyable the movie was.) The funniest remark Jon Stewart made all night was when he said that Hal Holbrook was doing the cabbage patch in the aisle, followed by "Helen Mirren you got served!" Hahahaha.
Nice McDreamy inclusion at the Oscars by the way.
*Orion told me his father was an astronomer, which I find to be very funny as he is named after a constellation.
Look how they shine for you.
Current Music: Coldplay - Yellow

3 comments:

Big Daddy said...

'Rerun' is awesome.

I'm 'Picasso'.

Ha ha.

I love Elbow's cover of Destiny's Child.

Anonymous said...

I'm told that the new Elbow album, 'The Seldom Seen Kid' is fantastic, one of the albums of 2008 so far.

I don't think the APW lineup looks so bad. Radiohead obvs, but also Kings of Leon, Rodrigo y Gabriela, The Roots, The Go Team, Underworld. That said, it's very expensive for such a small event. I think I'll be giving it a miss... the latest plan is to try and get to Dublin for Oxegen. Fancy it? Lineup is un-f**king-believably good:

Headliners: Kings of Leon, REM, Rage Against The Machine

Also on the bill: Kaiser Chiefs, Counting Crows, Alabama 3, Aphex Twin, Hot Chip, Ian Brown, Interpol, Justice, The Charlatans, The Chemical Brothers, The Raconteurs, The Pogues, Stereophonics, The Verve and (*cough) The Fratellis are the acts so far confirmed.

I reckon you'd be able to fly to Dublin pretty cheaply, no? I think me and Dan are going to go, and he has friends who might be up for it too.

Meredith said...

I now may do APW on the Friday only. I know when the time comes I'll kick myself for not going because I'll want to see Radiohead. So far day tickets aren't sold out so I'll be having a think about this over the weekend.

Oxegen sounds better but I'm still up in the air about festivals this year, no line up has blown me away unfortunately!