Friday, November 09, 2007

Like A Regular Tourist

I'm so uninspired to write but I really have nothing to do today (total opposite compared to yesterday.) I decided to wear a skirt and make-up (my first time looking like a girl since I started this job) so even though I feel blah, at least I don't look it.

Speaking of femininity, I saw the Radio City Christmas Spectacular on Tuesday. Julie's mom won tickets so I went with them and Julie's cousin Rachel. I've got to say, the Rockettes were definitely a sight to see. They did 6 or 7 numbers, and the way they synchronize is unbelievable. From a former tap student's point of view, I do have to note that the actual tap steps were fairly basic, but the kicks were ridiculously high. Although I'm a bit Xmas-ed out from it, it's a very good show for the kiddies.

Last night I saw Athlete at Highline. Seriously - they were really really great! Not that I didn't have high expectations (I'd only seen them once on the main stage at V in 2005 and the thousands of people in the crowd singing 'Wires' is still in my top festival moments), but I was blown away by their performance yesterday. They were really tight and just were wowing everyone, the audience loved them (mostly Brits.) When the singer sang a song by himself, the amp got messed up and he got mad (not sure if he actually kicked it) but he busted right back into the song like nothing had even happened when I'd expected him to give up and go onto the next one. I still can't believe how impressed I was, this definitely ranks in my top shows of the year. They sang about this...

this...

and this!

So, on my way out of work on Wednesday I saw Blair from Road Rules get into the elevator. I was excited because he was one of my favorites back in the day. Then yesterday I was banging away on my keyboard when I spotted him again, apparently he's friends with the girl who sits behind me. I guess he works sometimes on our floor or something? Random!

Yesterday I finally got to see/play Rock Band (the game all of my amazing secretarial skills have been focused on since I started this job.) It was a lot cooler than I'd expected! It's basically Guitar Hero but it also has drum pads and a mic (for the run down of what it is check out the link.) Anyways, I sang 'Celebrity Skin' with two guys I work with on the guitars. Even if you know the lyrics already, it's still hard seeing them fly by so quickly with the arrows pointing at whether your voice should go up or down. After it finished I turned around and there were 6 people watching us, I was mortified! Even though I haven't tried out the drums or guitars, I think I could actually bring myself to say that I would really like to own this game.


Dear 6:00 pm,
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hurry up!
bbbbbbbbb
Love,
Meredith

2 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Blair was doing those Real World Denver aftershow webisodes.

Is he doing them for Sydney?

Meredith said...

Not sure actually.