Monday, November 05, 2007

Get Me to the Church on Time

This weekend was Vicki and Thom's wedding, ending my run of bridal showers, bachelorette parties, and weddings for 2007 (unless Lauren has something coming up for her engagement...?) dhsrh fdbgzxb xs fb
Julie and I made an executive decision at the last minute to drive to the church rather than take the LIRR. BIG mistake! The church was right near the Lincoln Tunnel and the Javits Center (not sure why we didn't think of that before) so it was very congested and the parking was non-existent. After driving around, we decided that the garage across the street was going to have to do despite it's $25 flat rate, so we waited to go in for a bit until Robyn randomly came out of the church and told us that the lot was full and we were queuing for nothing (thanks a lot garage!) Time was running out so Julie and I had to park quickly, ahem, in a freakin $40 lot!! The dumbass parking garages really make my blood boil. Rachel's boyfriend Chris told us about this website that lists all garages and their rates, so if you know where you're going in advance, you can look them up ahead of time. Genius except we found out an hour too late :(
fgbfb
On with the photos:
Vicki with her dadVows The reception was in a Hilton in New Jersey. This wedding was really fun because I got to see all of the Binghamton girls which was great.
dfhdfh
Julie & EricLauren & EricRachel & Eric ChrisSue & Eric RobI was freaking out because I was the only one at table 13 while everyone else was at 17. I figured it was a mistake, but I was still worried about asking whoever was in my seat to switch. So we get to table 17, and the lone person sitting there was my dad! I kicked him promptly out of my seat.

Robyn*Rachel*MoiBinghamton girls

Lauren*Julie*Sherri*Sue
Rachel*Robyn*MeJewelie and SherriMy moms and popsWith the bride and groomBringing SexxybackI can't not mention the few odd things that happened at this reception. The best man (Thom's older brother) started of his speech with "Fornication......(dropped jaws from the guests)........ahem, For an occasion." Personally I thought it was funny but it was definitely not appropriate. Then I spotted a family friend of Vicki's that used to be the lead singer in this band called The Sexy Magazines. I knew about them from her, so Alex and I made a point to watch them as the opening band at Coachella in 2005. So, I told this guy I'd seen him perform and was he was wearing striped pants at that show? (I was drunk.) He said the band broke up and he's in some other band now. I think he didn't want to talk to me and I didn't know how to end the conversation so I was just like "Great job!" with a thumbs up and left (because I'm a dork.) Then, probably the funniest part of the night came when Thom's family (the Irish side) tied together a huge strand of napkins and created a jump rope! Even the DJ had to say he'd never seen this in his life. Photos here:Even Thom's mom jumped in and accidentally fell! It was so funny (well, I thought so.) I had to endulge in some chocolate cake and a martini glass full of mousse.They played lots of 50s music which I liked (and my dad doing the twist with me and my friends was quite entertaining.)They are on their way to Hawaii for a 15 day cruise. I want to get married just so I can go on a honeymoon.
That's all folks.

1 comment:

Julio Enriquez said...

i'm so jealous that you went to air traffic! i happy they didn't disappoint.....