Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A*B*C*1*2*3*X*Y*Z (But He Don't Know About X*T*C)

My weekend was totally lame and I loved it!

On Friday (that was the least lame bit) Erica, Heather, and I went to Kat's, Florens,' and Pepe the puggle's and drank Trader Joe's wine (this is becoming a Friday night habit of mine) and ordered in dinner. The guy from Cafe Wai? (Wai did we order from there is the main question) did not get the order straight and gave Erica and I two salads each for the price of one. Normally I wouldn't complain but it was G*R*O*S*S. We had a dance party and played guess that iTune which is my fave.

On Saturday I ran errands, took a kickboxing class, baked chewy brownies with walnuts, and rented Grey's Anatomy Season 3.

On Sunday I did some unproductive shopping at Bay Terrace, then stopped by Gail and Mike's new place to check it out and ended up helping Gail build her bookshelf. Aside from the two shelves I put on the wrong way because I was too busy talking rather than paying attention, I am now an accomplished put-togetherer of furniture from Ikea AND Crate and Barrel! Afterwards I went for dinner with my parents to the Triple Crown Diner. Apparently there's a meal called "chopped steak" which I never knew about. It's basically one huge piece of chopped meat on a plate, amazing!

On Monday night, Ryan and I saw The Pipettes at the Blender Theater (really hate that name by the way) but I totally loved the venue. Bars downstairs, good size gig room (looked like ULU in London but smaller) and it had tiered seats in the back which you could sit in if you wanted (not ticketed.)

I really liked the gig, the songs are all happy bouncy numbers and the girls were really into doing their cutesy routines. It did look a bit silly at times but they aren't serious about it so it's fine. I think the best number of the night was 'Why Did You Stay?" It's one of my favorites anyway but it sounded really good live. I've got to give props to the audience (really old for a gig actually, like 30s and 40s) who were dancing and clapping up by the front, very rare in New York (though I thought someone was going to get whacked by an arm during 'Pull Shapes.') I also have to mention that the whole polka dot thing is cute, but I definitely could have made these outfits myself. Maybe I should do that for a living? I mean I do that on Halloween almost every year anyway.

I took a video of 'Dirty Mind' because I love that song, but that was probably the only flat song and limited dancing of the night. If you don't know them, don't judge them by this:

I stayed at Meghan's and had to be at work early the next day to set up a meeting. I got here quicker than expected (ahem 7:45 am) and wanted to die by the end of the day. Tonight I'm going to meet California-via-London Dave who is working in NY for the week for drinks later (who needs step class when you've got drink specials?) Also Spector's got a show tonight but it starts at 10 pm so I'm iffy on that.

On a side note, I got my current phone in fall 2004 (though I didn't use it for the year and a half I was in London) and I just figured out yesterday how to put the message alert on silent. Seriously people, the ringer would not shut off until you checked the message, I can't believe I just discovered how to fix this!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dudette... Glad you enjoyed the Pipettes. Two bits of Pipette-related fun for you.

1) Their show in Boston last night was cut short by a fire!!
http://www.nme.com/news/32539

2) I might be coming to Chicago for the week on Monday. And I was looking at the news story about the Boston Pipettes fire and guess what caught my eye? Excellent, that's my Wednesday evening in Chicago sorted!!

Meredith said...

Did you end up going to Chicago?