Friday, September 07, 2007

My Best Friend's Wedding

I made it to England in one piece. I even breezed through immigration, hoorah!
Heather and I had some colas in the airport before take off. I met Dave at Victoria, spent the day with him falling in and out of sleep (I think I was up for about 30 hours in all) and headed to St. Albans to meet up with the girls for dinner. We ate at Zizzi and had a drink at Slug and Lettuce.

This was only after one drink.
We went back to the room to give Liz some gifts. This was the engraved frame. Sexy undies Had to be done

FYI: The garter isn't supposed to go on your headMore sexy sexy

This scrapbook took us 27402 hours to make

The wedding announcement on the board at Bush Hall Hair LadyNervous much?Our Greek Roman Jackson Heights GoddessLiz went with my 'Berry'-colored lipstick, obviously"The Walk"Leon and LizErica in the gazebo reading a poem about love (sorry, bad angle!)Rich also reading a love poemThe registrar's initial instructions for them to face herThen they had to face each other, the audience, do the hokey pokey, and turn themselves around. Here is the exchange of rings.The Kiss

Jamie and I were the witnesses, holler!After the signingRegistrar #2 handing over the wedding certificateErica and Heather gave us the 'Best Couple Award' at the wedding, woohoo! (I guess the couple that dances silly together wins the award together.)The ducks and alpacas did not make the photo unfortunatelyMy favorite photo of the weddingThis is the outfit I designed and had made in Vietnam. It looked good at the time but was disintegrating by the end of the evening.This is Graham's dad making a speech. Our table was fun (Me, Dave, Andy, Rob, Alex, Emily, Lucy, & Craig), we made bets on the speeches. We had each written a word on paper and picked them out of a cup, every time your word was mentioned in the speeches (mine was family) we had to drink.We also put a pound each in the cup based on how long the speeches would be in total. I wrote 7 minutes for the three of them while everyone put between 30 minutes and an hour. Um, what?! Turned out they really were 37 minutes in total. Heather bought us a round of half-pints with her winnings while we used the mini-teapot placecard holders as cufflinks, earrings, and dress decorations.Jamie's speechDespite eating it, I still think the cake was made of fabricTheir wedding dance was to 'By Your Side' by SadeIn addition to 'Best Couple', Dave also won the 'Best Tie' award from the bride herselfI have several photos of Andy in mid-dance like this oneLaura was looking mighty fine with her brunette hair and Central American tanNottingham group with bride and tequila (Liz was drinking snakebites too...in her white dress?!?!)GoodBetterBestSambucaWe were doing some spinning dance thing (this was after we did the Kid n Play)The following day, Graham's parents had a BBQ for the guests. I really wish I had tried that tiramisu.
The following day, Dave and I went to Nando's (had to) and walked around the center for a bit. We met Joy for a drink (congrats on the new job!!) and then met Erica, who with Heather missed their flight :/ Directing her from Gatwick to Carnaby Street was actually not too hard though, even with the tube strike.
Speaking of C. Street, I'd never noticed this air conditioning vent before-
I think it's a rule that I have to find and pose with giant dinosaurs every time I visit London.
This is Dave making the "proud dad" face.

Scary T-Rex

Good Old Stegs

It's surprisingly still boiling in New York. I think I'm okay with that. Bohemian Beer Garden tonight methinks, though will it be any fun if I'm the designated driver?

No comments: