Tuesday, September 11, 2007

They Say It's My Birthday

Wow, everyone's been so amazing today! Thanks for all of the birthday wishes, I REALLY appreciated them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On to the news of the week...

So, I've started my new temp job at MTV in the Games department. This one is going to last pretty much forever until I find permanent employment. I don't think there will be many music freebies unfortunately but one can always pray. As for games, I don't own any consoles so oh well.

This past weekend was crazy in Croatia. Vicki's sister Alexandra got married on Friday and had a baby on Saturday (nice timing!) Also I am so happy to hear that Maristela and Barnaby got engaged! YEAH!!!!!!!

I think the Britney-bashing has gone a bit over-the-top (no pun intended, swear to God!) Yes, she put in a weak performance but if anything it seemed it was because she was nervous and pushed into it. The funniest part of this article though is definitely at the top of the page in the "STORY HIGHLIGHTS" section:

  • Britney Spears' performance met with disbelief and mockery
  • Observer: "She soooo should have stayed home. ...What was the point?"
  • Jermaine Dupri bought tequila for everyone

Lol! Who gives a rat's ass, seriously!!!

It's really icky out today. I'm just going to go home after work, watch Big Brother (Donatos you suck), and read Harry Potter. I'm also praying that my parents got me chocolate fudge birthday cake.

Thanks again everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on Britney. I admit it was a strange choice of costume, but the choreography wasn't as bad as people are saying. The major problem was that her lip-sync was out of time, but that's almost understandable, given how out of practice she must be (and the fact that according to Kanye, MTV rushed her back before she was ready to perform).

It's a great song (the new single), and I'm sure we're going to see Brit back with a vengeance.

Big Daddy said...

Happy belated!

I am kind of behind on the blogosphere.

Yah the Donotos suck.

I would love for Zach to trump them in the end.

Meredith said...

Not so sure about the single; I think I need to hear it again before I decide. I do think her career is pretty much finished though.

Thanks for the bday wishes! I've been behind w/blogs as well. Also, now I REALLY hate the Donatos. I think if I was forced to choose I'd go with ED to win.