Saturday, May 12, 2007

I Tried To Love Them Back

Thursday night was The Kooks at Irving Plaza. I have got to say this is the best gig video (in terms of clarity) I have taken with this camera.

Have some 'Ooh La' here:
The show was pretty good. At Benicassim, I thought they were a bit green to be performing on the main stage even though they played well but I had expected they'd be much more suited to a venue like Irving. Again it was good but there was a spark missing despite the fact that they jammed more, played about 5 new (good) songs, and had the audience really excited. Maybe I was just a tad bit anoyed that I couldn't see well and I was a bit drunk and that took away from the experience for me. I don't know what it is that's holding me back from thinking it was amazing.

'Naive' was my favorite.
Here are some photos:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey LOVE your blog. I went to The Kooks one night after you did... actually did a Google on The Kooks @ Irving Plaza to try to find some pics since I didn't have my camera with me. That's how I came across your blog.

Anyway... just wanted to comment because.... we seem to have a lot in common. First, I love all the bands you're posting about.... but what really stands out is like you, I'm unemployed despite my education and would also much rather be a tour guide or music video director or something haha. Oh- I studied in Italy too! Oh, and I'm also a borderling Anglophile. Ok- I'm done.

Keep up the good work, and cheers!
Adam

Meredith said...

Thanks sooo much, you just made my night! I got your comment while writing some cover letters actually, blah :(

Anonymous said...

Cover letters on a Sunday night? Wow- that's dedication! More power to you.

I see you have an AOL name so I added you to my BL, I'll drop you an IM sometime and we'll chat music, Britain/Italy and funemployment!

Meredith said...

Yeah, I rarely get in the mood to job search and I was randomly in one last night.

I will look out for you on AIM!