Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Not OK Computer

AAAARGH!!! My stupid hard drive broke! I don't know what happened, my computer was working fine this morning, I left it for a little while, came back to it and the screensaver was frozen on a photo. Dell are shipping me a new hard drive because I'm still under warranty (I'm overlooking the stupid customer service woman who didn't even want to hear my problem and immediately tried to sell me the $200+ software coverage) but I'm just frustrated because I've got to pay someone to extract my data from the old hard drive. I'm annoyed at myself because I'd been meaning to at least back up my photos and papers (I've got my dissertation thank God) but I just never did it. Plus I really don't feel like losing almost 40 GB of music. Honestly I should stop freaking out; I think would have really lost my shit if it was my iPod that was broken.

I didn't leave the house again today. That's mainly because it was 15 degrees and the wind was out of control. I'm starting slowly but surely to kind of sort of look for jobs. Tomorrow I'm driving into the city which will break up my day a little.

Did anyone watch American Idol tonight? Not to spoil it for the Brits who'll watch it later on this week, but the boys really suck ass.

And on a final note, my brother got a ginormous tattoo of a bass clef on his left arm. It's big, black, and very bold. Although it's definitely not as huge and scary as the dragon on his back, if my mom didn't have a heart attack from that one, she almost certainly will from this one.

3 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Yeah, I am unimpressed with any of the guys on Idol. Plus, Blake annoys me to no end.

Anonymous said...

Is he aware he will now not be able to be buried in a Jewish Cemetry?

Your parents must be so proud!! Idiot!

Meredith said...

Blake's not so talented but I was so happy he sang 'A'll Mixed Up'! I still all know the words to that song from 10 years ago.

As for the tattoo, my brother's not concerned about the cemetary stuff, and my mom was upset when she found out about the dragon primarily because it's big, scary, and ugly, basically overall disgusting.