Sunday, December 17, 2006

Passed Master

Finally, after a year filled with lectures I didn't pay attention to, a seat imprinted with my butt mark in the British Library, and a ton of procrastination, I received my Master of Arts degree in International Relations with merit baby, hoorah!

I went all out photo crazy at the ceremony since my parents weren't here and you know how parents can be about graduation pictures.

The robe was unlike any other robe I've worn to graduation.

First of all, I had to pay £40 just to rent it! The robe was open which was different (good thing) but I couldn't keep the hat OR the tassle, BOO!

It had a hood though, which does look more professional (take note Binghamton University.)

It also had holes in the sleeves for my arms because I was a "Master." Do they do that for Masters in the States?

Christine was back in town for the festivities.David and I had Indian food to celebrate (not sure what possessed me but I was randomly in the mood.) We hopped around by Carnaby Street then popped into The Roxy where we bumped into Zoe, then finally to Zigfrids later on to celebrate and met up with Christos, Christine, Ana, Bryan, and all of the boyfriends and girlfriends.

The next night was Maristela's 30th birthday/graduation party at her house in Greenwich. I thought this was going to be more of a mature, older persons party...that was until people started dancing to 'U Can't Touch This.' I met a couple, the girl Tony, is from Queens and went to Binghamton, and her husband Lon also went to Binghamton and graduated in my year and his sister was in my sorority, SO RANDOM!!!

I didn't think the fake sucking on Maristela's ear photo was going to come out so realistic looking, result!

Yesterday was Rachael's and Alex H.'s birthdays at Dust in Farringdon.

Things I learned last night: Alex has a computer in his car. A COMPUTER!!!

One of my flatmates is cooking a Xmas lunch for the five of us right now. This is the first time I've actually been in a room with all of them, let alone hung out with them. Should be nice?

Ralph is in town for work this week so I should be meeting up with him, but probably not for beer pong as that's virtually non-existent over here.

The end!

Current Music: The Lightning Seeds - Brain Drain

2 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Congratulations!!!

Meredith said...

Thanks!