Thursday, September 14, 2006

Splish Splash I Was Takin' a Bath

So many things have been going on with me lately that I've been unable to blog. But alas, I'm back. I was just busy with things like traveling, finishing my dissertation, job interviewing, looking for a flat, celebrating my birthday, going away for a few days, etc. Most worries are gone now, so here's a recap of what I've been doing as of late.

Monday was my 27th birthday. 27!!! I'm old. Dave and I went to Bath from Sunday-Tuesday. We ate delicious Italian food, toured the Roman baths, and saw British Sea Power. The coolest bit of the er, last bit, was randomly sitting next to the guitarist and drummer at a pub before the gig. After taking quite a while to say something to them (the drummer was sleeping on his hand after all), we finally came up with the ever so clever, "Hey, you guys are in British Sea Power right? What time do you go on?" Then I gayly asked if I could take a photo with them because it was my birthday, mentioning that last part multiple times like a bumbling idiot. It resulted with me on the guitarist's lap, so score!
Dave got me a hot air balloon ride for my birthday. I was so excited for it, but due to an imaginary thunderstorm, not once, but twice, we had to postpone it. Oh well, gives us an excuse to go away somewhere else and do it.

Saturday night was my birthday party at The Roxy. Although that's my favorite bar/club in London (primarily on Thursdays), I think The Borderline (last year's venue) was more conducive for mingling/dancing. Saturday was definitely fun and I'm happy that so many of my friends came out, but the music was a bit off at times (Rick Astley? Am I remembering that correctly or was I just drunk?) and the dancefloor was jam-packed but nonetheless it was a good celebration. Cheers guys!

Yeah, you know nothing else will upload.

Current Music: The Cure - Let's Go To Bed

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do remember correctly... it was Rage Against The Machine, followed by Rick Astley. Weird DJ.

Meredith said...

Very weird!!!

Big Daddy said...

'Never gonna ge-ev you up,
never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around
and desert you'

You know, I used to think he was saying 'then I'm going to' instead of 'never gonna'.

Makes the song more interesting.

Happy Birthday!!

Meredith said...

That's funny. Thanks!