Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Feeling Oblivion

Last Friday I went to Alton Towers with David, Krish and Toby. The first ride we went on, Oblivion, was most definitely one of the scariest rides I've ever been on. It's a roller coaster where you go up the hill, turn around the bend, it drops you a small bit over the edge (it's only 2 rows of 8 people, we were in the front row), and then it releases and drops you down (half the track is above ground, half is below, so you don't know how far down you are going.) Oh yeah, and it drops you face forward straight down. My eyes were tearing when it ended, which in retrospect is better than when snot was dripping down my face after Air (comparable to Superman at Great Adventure.) The best parts of the day were looking at our photos after the rides, soooo funny!

Saturday night started with predrinking at Rob and Simon's with Zoe, Louise, Kenny, and Jamie, then we went to the high cover-charged Electric Ballroom night called Shake which played too cheesy music (I'm talking Belinda Carlyle level here.) Some of it was okay since I hadn't heard that stuff in so long, but my attendance there shan't be repeated again.

Sunday was day o' TV fun. I watched the OC, all of the American Idol finale, and Lost which made me cry even though I knew what was gonna happen at the end of the episode. Kevin Covais so got laid after getting the boot from Idol, did anyone else notice how excited he looked? And what was the deal with Clay Aiken's hair?! He doesn't look like Thom Yorke anymore, now he looks like Pee Wee Herman.

That night was spent in similar company as the night before but it was more like + Laura - Louise/Kenny/Jamie. I didn't meet them in Camden till almost 1:00 am which I haven't done since living in NYC. Most things weren't open despite it being Bank Holiday weekend, so we went to Lock Tavern for a bit, then back to the boys' flat where Rob made the biggest 10-egg omelette I've ever seen. I stayed at Laura's and we ate some Peri Peri Chicken at Nando's for lunch the next day.

Monday was Memorial Day for me so I went to John's impromptu barbeque and snagged a hamburger before heading to Trash Palace with Ana and Fennse. The bar had a Lower East Side feel and played good music.

Tuesday was all about me scaring David's nephew Cameron into silence. Apparently he was excited and talkative at The Natural History Museum; when I got there he clammed right up. We went (with David's mom also) to The Rainforest Cafe, but poor Cameron was scared of the thunderstorm noises. We went to Build-a-Bear in Covent Garden after, which of course is AWESOME!!!!

Last night at about 9:00 pm, Dave's flatmate James's boss came over with free Editors tickets for Brixton Academy (score!) The new songs were better than the older ones, esp. the one that they dedicated to The National which I don't know the name of. I cooked a stir fry when we got back, and I had successfully managed to avoid watching the football, so overall it was a good day.

Zoe should be coming over later. I have about 4 Prison Breaks to catch up on, woohoo!

Current Music: The 88 - How Good It Can Be

No comments: