Saturday, April 15, 2006

Le Petit Venise

I've had a gastronomically ace 24 hours. It started off yesterday with some food at The Abbey, which came out on a huge wooden board rather than a plate. Twas a chill pub which I hadn't been to till now, despite it being just a five minute walk from my flat. The burger was a bit too flavorful though, kinda like the herb-infested kind my dad used to make until I finally managed to convince him that I like the chopped meat cooked plain with no flavoring whatsoever.

After that, David and I walked all the way from Kentish Town to Little Venice along Regents Canal. It was only two miles, but it felt like ten. I'd never seen the houses on the canal before, holy oh my god! If I win the lottery I'm so buying one of the ones on the park/water (pending they are up for sale, of course.)

We stopped at the Bridge House pub which is pretty nice (not from the outside, more so from the inside,) then we tubed it (next to the most annoying American girls ever) to the Charing Cross Road area so he could buy some sheet music, I had a yummy light caramel frappucino (which I'd been craving for days,) and then ate the yummiest Italian meal I've had so far in London at Biagio's. I suggest everyone go there NOW.

Last night Tine* and I went to Cargo (£10 cover but a free cd and a live jazzy-over-fusion-stuff singer included.) Two guys approached us who'd been ready for the kill whom we thought we could avoid, and of course I got the classy one who opened with "You curvy!" Yugh. The trip home was almost as good, having been accosted by two wasted 22 year olds who were quite possibly the most annoying people (even worse than the American girls) to not leave me alone on a public bus thusfar.

This morning I tried a Nescafe Latte for the first time. YUMMY!!! Go buy a box, it's like £1.15 in Iceland.

Current Music: George Harrison - Any Road

No comments: