Saturday, March 18, 2006

Who Gives a Damn About the Prophets of Tesco?

I went into Tesco the other day and I was asked to participate in a customer survey at the Holiday Inn next week. Instead of saying yes, I told the guy I have class on Tuesday so I couldn't make it (which is true, but I could obviously skip it.) I would have received a £30 food voucher for participating. Man I am stupid sometimes.

I was totally lame on St. Patrick's Day too. I got to Kilburn with John around 9:00 pm, and I caught the last train back to K-Town at 11:20 pm (literally caught it, like the conductor was nice enough to open the doors back up for me before driving away.) We'd gone to Powers with Laura, Mairead, and some of their friends. St. Patty's Day in London (well, at least in Kilburn where it's very Irish) was a lot like St. Patty's in NYC, basically lots of drunk people singing to the live musician, dancing, and falling over. I missed my Erin Go Bragh hat :(

I had my IR2 presentation on Thursday which I think went well. Some of it may have been a bit too specific in regards to the amount of time I had, but I didn't have any notes so I've given myself personal props for having memorized stuff in addition to the points that were on the transparency. I went for a drink at some pub afterwards with Ana and Maristela, then went out at night with Dave for some happy hour drinks at The Roxy, dinner at Pizza Express in Soho (we couldn't watch the downstairs live jazz though because you need a reservation? Who knew?) and then to The Social for more drinks.

It's only 10:45 am. I think I'll spend the morning thinking about ways to procrastinate, spend the afternoon doing whatever it was I decided on, then perhaps start my dissertation a bit later.

Current Music: House of Pain - Jump Around (I didn't plan that, it's playing on XFM)

No comments: