Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Happy Ides of March!

Wow, who knew there was a fancy word for whipped?

Uxorious \uk-SOR-ee-us; ug-ZOR-\, adjective: Excessively fond of or submissive to a wife.

It is batty to suppose that the most uxorious of husbands will stop his wife's excessive shopping if an excessive shopper she has always been.
-- Angela Huth, "All you need is love," [1]Daily Telegraph, April 24, 1998
Spaces aren't working again, thanks Blogger.com!
That came from my Dictionary.com Word of the Day e-mail. I've also been signed up for the Italian Word of the Day for quite some time as well. I just found Urban Dictionary.com on the web, I'm so signing up for the Urban Word of the Day right now. Today's word is:
Get ready, this one's good
Goo-diligence: Using Google to mediate a dispute between two parties or to do appropriate research.

"What's the proper pronunciation of Cannes? Is it 'can' or 'con'?" "I dunno. Go do your Goo-diligence."
Goo
"Is it a blind date?" "Sort of, but I did my Goo-diligence on him, and he's okay."
Dilly
The intelligence in my head is spilling out of my ears with all of this useful knowledge.
Won't you come over and check up on it? I'm a letchoo work up on it.
Current Music: Beyonce feat. Slim Thug - Check On It

No comments: