Saturday, March 04, 2006

Recipe for Disaster

Kickass Bolognese Sauce (I learned this from Michaela but I tweaked it a bit)

Ingredients
Olive Oil
1 Onion (chopped)
1 Carrot (chopped)
1 Package Lean Mince Meat
2 Cans Peeled Tomatoes (to be chopped)
1 Can Tomato Paste
Salt
Pepper (though I didn't have any)
Oregano
Basil
Garlic (I used powder)
Sugar (I used 2 packets of sweetener)

Instructions:
Heat up olive oil in a large frying pan (enough to cover the bottom of the pan.) Add diced onion and carrot until slightly browned. Add mince meat and heat over a medium to high flame until thoroughly cooked.

Transfer this combination to a large pot. Add all other ingredients. Cover and simmer for a couple of hours, stirring once in a while. Serve with pasta al dente and parmesan cheese to top. Yum!

No comments: