Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Write a Review, Well How Objective Can I Be?

Today was a regular, uneventful day as can be expected. Went to class, shopped around with my friend Spanish Anna, bought a cute skirt at H&M and attended my dissertation seminar in which I learned nothing. Then I had some drinks with the most randomest people from class + the professor which was aiight. Got home and I'm so drunk, not sure what happened there. My class for tomorrow got cancelled so I'm a happy girl (although not so happy as I have to work on my presentation for Thursday.)

I never reviewed XFM's Winter Wonderland. I honestly don't have much to say. I wasn't paying much attention to The Dead 60s' set because I don't care much for them, Magnet didn't play my song so I'm permanently annoyed with him, Editors played an excellent set, as did Maximo Park (who played their entire album in order - a rarity), I missed the Kooks as I was hanging out in the hallway with Joy and her peeps, thought Hard-Fi were decent, not as bad as Ryan and Dave said they were at Mercury Lounge (where they said it was so bad it was as if the two of them had picked up instruments and started playing), Chas and Dave were not worth watching, and Kaisers were good but not as entertaining as they are on their own tours. My favorite moment of the entire night was Hard-Fi doing 'Living For the Weekend' as that song is so great and Richard Archer is an excellent frontman making the whole song so awesome to witness live. I'm seeing them next week on their own so I'll be able to reassess their live performance. Think I'll pop that one on now.

Current Music: Hard-Fi - Living For the Weekend

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And if anyone reading this (yourself included Meredith) would like me to email them an ace Quicktime video of 'Living For The Weekend' live at XFM Winter Wonderland, then drop me an email to bengraham1 at gmail dot com

Meredith said...

I would very much like one - I'll e-mail you about it though in case you don't read this, thanks mucho! Also, do you think I'd be able to procure the Hard-Fi ticket from you before Monday? Think I'm gonna have to meet you at the show.