Monday, November 14, 2005

Acrophobia

Oh yes. I've remembered it. And now I've found it.

For all my friends from sophomore year in Bingham, may I present you with the Acrophobia website!

For those who don't know the game, I'll explain it in a minute. For those who do, do you remember how addicting this was? I played it for like three hours straight yesterday laughing out loud by myself.

Basically, Acrophobia (although it means fear of heights, in this case it's just the title of the game) is an interactive game on the web in which different players go into themed chat-like rooms, are given a subject and an acronym ranging from three to seven letters, and have to make a phrase out of them within a certain amount of time. For example, one (not so good one) I did yesterday was under the category Sweet Things - SCI and I submitted Splenda - Crappy Imposter. Each entrant votes on the best phrase and you are awarded points based on that and other things like speed. This goes on for several rounds and at the end there is a face-off between the top two players.

The only difference between playing it then and now was that in the dorms we had every dirty word imaginable scribbled on papers and ready to go for all acronyms that came our way. I can't be that dirty by myself cause its no fun so I stayed in a normal room yesterday, but it's still sooo addicting. I can't wait to play this with my English friends!

Current Music: Tim Burgess - Oh My Corazon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

someone so has too much time on their hands.. though i'm blatantly going to be playing now all day!

Anonymous said...

acrophobia is more addicting than crack!

(p.s. its only fun if you go in the dirty rooms)

I LOVED that game..shit now i have to start playing again-thanks mer!

Anonymous said...

That was the best game ever!