Sunday, November 13, 2005

Things I Saw On The Bus This Weekend

-Drunk girl fall flat on her back
-Guy passed out with his head falling into my lap
-Cute dog sleeping on the floor
-Police investigation at my bus stop
-Not the "Stop" button as I forgot to hit it and missed my road
-Brazilian guy attempting to get off the bus to "walk me home"

Another unproductive weekend has passed once again. I did make it to the British Library on Friday, but I stalled around so much outside drinking coffee that it closed half an hour after I got there. Whoops!

Went out on Friday night to cheese central, otherwise known as Loop. I think all the slimeballs/predators/bankers in there descended from Planet Horny. I haven't been dancefloor gangbanged like that since the last Molloy dance I went to in 1996.

I made it down to New Bond Street yesterday which is like the Rodeo Drive of London, AKA I could never afford to buy anything there. I walked up New Molton Street which was super cute, then did some strolling through jam-packed Oxford Circus. I bought a pair of jeans on sale at The Gap but they are super low so I may have to bring them back unless I plan on showing everyone the goods.

Alex reserved an area at Match bar last night which was £££. I busted out the tarty red pants for the first time since I've been here which gave me a nice comfort.

After that some of us headed to the Borderline. My proudest moment of the night was guessing the current song as by Shed Seven after much contemplation, getting it right and impressing the guy next to me. Sad things like that make me give myself pats on the back.

I also realized on my drunken walk home how beautiful the Aqualung cd is. It is absolutely gorgeous when you're shitfaced.

Going to Golder's Green tonight for some Jewish food and I can't wait. I haven't had deli-type stuff in months and I'm so craving it. Then maybe off to the pub after that.

I just sent Zoe on a mission to buy me some stuff while she's in NY. Sadly the only things I can think of are a Burt's Bees lip gloss and cds. I've requested: new Franz w/DVD, We Are Scientists, Help: A Day in the Life and The Redwalls. I'm having a brain fart on what else I wanted to buy. I want a ton of singles but I don't think Best Buy carries them so that's out.

Current Music: Badly Drawn Boy - Four Leaf Clover

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's all here waiting -as is michael schofield...

Meredith said...

Thanks, you're the best!!!

Meredith said...

I had one friend who went there (but knew a bunch of other guys peripherally.) Me and my friends loved "Molloy Boys" so we used to go to the dances and get in with guys we met at the door since you couldn't get in without them, then hope to get hit on by whoever we thought was cute.

If you literally were asking what I was doing at the dances, it was basically getting encircled by guys who would grope me to bad music, doesn't sound too appealing now that I think back on it.

Anonymous said...

molloy..hahaha