Monday, October 31, 2005

Meredith + Strongbow + Blackout + Candles = Bad

So, here's to another blackout in good ole London (you can reference this entry for the last blackout.) I walked into my flat at about 20 past 5:00 pm today and the lights wouldn't go on. We only have 2 candles in the apt. but no matches or lights (I remembered someone leaving a blue lighter in my room after the party but just realized as I'm now typing where it is.) I didn't want to sit here in the dark doing nothing so I headed to the main road (on which 3/4 of the shops and all houses had no electricity either,) bought some candles and a lighter and then went for a pint at the pub to kill time. Good thing the lights are back on because I can't imagine the damage I would have caused with candles right now. So basically I'm buzzed for no reason and am loving the extra beer calories.

Thanks to everyone who came to our Halloween party, it was really fun. The mess wasn't too bad the next day either so thanks for being neat too. I think the end of the lot cleared out at about 3:00 am. And to end all speculation, when people were leaving and couldn't find me, I was in Liz's room talking to Mairead so you can remove all other thoughts from your heads.

I have to give props to my two favorite outfits - Graham as a tourist and Dan Solo as a pregnant female chav with a horrific blonde, braided wig. Brownie points to Kill the Cereal as well.

Me, Zoe and Jamie ended up sleeping in my bed. It was uncomfortable but could have been much worse (and was way better than the squish in Jersey Shore last summer.) The next day, post-clean up, I went back to Zoe's and we watched the first seven episodes of Prison Break. Oh my god that's seriously the best show ever!!!! I'm having withdrawal symptoms without it and am not sure what to do. Aside from an awesome storyline, it definitely doesn't hurt that Michael Scofield is ridiculously hot. Although does the Secret Service really act like that?

Can someone please lock me in a cell with him? Thanks.

Zoe and I originally planned to take an overnight road trip yesterday. We thought about going to Brighton. Then we invited ourselves to stay with Jamie overnight in Kent instead. We were too tired and just went back to her house and planned to go to Windsor today. We finally ended up going to St. Albans, walked around and ate at the Waffle House. It was a good day but this obviously proves we are way lazy.

Current Music: Gavin DeGraw - Follow Through

8 comments:

Awreye said...

Glad that you didn't burn down your apt w/candles. Random question -- but what's a chav? And what's the American equivalent of a chav?

- ignorant NY-er

Anonymous said...

Wikipedia entry on chavs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

Best chav website:
http://www.chavscum.co.uk/
(especially worth looking at chav of the month and celebrity chavs)

And Meredith... you and Mairead were "talking" were you? Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more ;-P

Anonymous said...

A Chav is someone from either South London or Essex. Teenage female chavs tend to be pregnant.

Meridith and Mairead were doing far more than talking!! (Ben and I know the truth)

Anonymous said...

The truth??? Dan and Ben let me know what that was?
Máiréad

Anonymous said...

The truth is out there...?

Meredith said...

I would have told everyone if I pulled Mairead, TRUST ME.

Anonymous said...

I think meredith got enough action for one night without hooking up with mairead...
and meredith, prison break guy-- he's mine. sorry.

Meredith said...

I plead the 5th!