Friday, October 21, 2005

Blackout 2005

Last night I entered BRB in Hampstead to a load of cheers. After thinking the entire bar was excited to see me I realized the power had gone out just before I'd walked in. There were groups of guys chanting and banging on the tables. One guy got on the bar and started singing (very badly.) It's funny how people act when the lights go out.

I went to Mojama afterwards for a friends of friends' charity event which raised money for cancer research. The place was packed so I think it was an overall success. The only annoying thing about the bar was the over-meticulous bartender. It took him about 15 minutes to make four mojitos because he had to place every leaf, straw, etc. perfectly in each glass. It was really aggravating.

My friend Lori just sent me a new take on one of my favorite songs. These guys must have been really bored: Not the Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way

Yeah, roller disco tonight!

Current Music: The Lightning Seeds - Waiting For Today To Happen

No comments: