Sunday, May 03, 2009

The Sun Was Just Yellow Energy

Goings on as of late...
Max's surprise party...
We created our own dancefloor. I was in jolly spirits, even embracing the typical corny songs that get played in every generic bar (most likely because I drank too much) We made a new friend to dance with......who we think stole Faith's phone :/
jh
Zoe and Elisa were in town this weekend. We had some drinks at the apt first (hello Pineapple Vodka, YUM) then went to Black and White.
Ryan, Elisa, Zoe Me and Britchicks Enjoying how Max managed to fit his face into this one
After leaving the bar we searched up and down St. Marks for dumplings. Despite there being like 12 Asian restaurants on that street, Heather came away with a $1 slice of pizza and Meghan and I had peanut butter when we got home.
hg
I had a massive headache all last night which made me toss and turn until I finally got up to take Tylenol at 5:30 am. I got up a few hours later and headed down to L'Express with Meghan and Kat to meet Zoe and Elisa, her co-worker, and Gareth for brunch. It was pouring buckets so myself and the upper east siders came back to our territory to see I Love You, Man. It was funny, have some trailer:


I got my nails did and then ran home, changed, and sped to the gym to make it to Step Aerobics. I was hesitant about going to this class because the last time I did, the teacher creeped me out (in general, but also because he was wearing light grey sweatpants and had a very noticeable sweatstain on an area I should not have been paying attention to.) For these two superficial reasons, I had not been back to the class. I hadn't taken Step for a few months though and missed it so I took the risk, showing up to see that he was wearing the light grey sweatpants again (yugh!) Turns out today was his last time teaching this class so I'm in the clear, I do feel a bit shallow about having avoiding him for all those months, but sorry you shouldn't have been creepy and have chosen better clothing to work out in.

Let's talk some TV:
Amazing Race: Yay final 3 - and you really couldn't hold it in? Puh-lease.
Lost: Um hi I hate the writers right now!! Quality episode but you should not have done what you did at the end. At least we got some Desmond/Penny time.
Survivor: Can't believe my androgynous Mormon got voted off! He was my dude I predicted for winner. Kinda pissed off about that.
h
Does anyone want to see Those Dancing Days with me at Mercury Lounge on 5/26?
k
Meghan and I went to see Gavin DeGraw two weeks ago. I hadn't seen him in a couple of years (I went through a phase where I saw him like 5 times in a 6 month period.) The music was terrific - he rearranged every single song he played ('I'm Love with a Girl' was best) but the thing that amazed me was how grown up he looked. I was so used to seeing him in his hoodie and cap, that when he came out looking like a man I was totally shocked. It was a bit weird to be honest.
I'm only weighing myself monthly at WW and I lost 4 lbs. in the last month. Bing Bang Boom wedding dress here I come!
ugu
Speaking of the big W, does anyone want to take over the planning for me? I'm too busy at work to do anything. Flowers are next, if you interested I'm accepting applications.
jg
And finally, can we talk about how it snowed at the beginning of April and then it was over 90 degrees last week? It was so hot I actually went to the beach! And burnt my hairline in the process, doh.
hg
This week's plans: Working late, working late, Dinner with Binghamton chicks, Franz Ferdinand, working late. Is it Friday yet?

No comments: