Saturday, January 05, 2008

Best Songs of 2007

We're five days into 2008 so I'm a little bit behind, but here's my best songs of '06 list - 

60 Babyshambles - Delivery
59 Gossip - Standing in the Way of Control - I liked this song for about 5 minutes and it started giving me a headache after that.  Why was there so much gossip about The Gossip, can someone please fill me in?
58 John Mayer - Waiting on the World to Change - The scariest thing about this song is that I first heard it when Sanjaya sang it and I really liked it.
57 Natasha Bedingfield - Love Like This
56 The View - Same Jeans - Sort of similar to The Gossip, this song was funny for about 5 minutes but got old very quick.
55 Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good
54 Trousersnake - What Goes Around Comes Around
53 Matt Nathanson – Car Crash
52 Kaiser Chiefs - Angry Mob
51 The Feeling - Rose
50 Kelly Rowland - Like This - No Beyonce, but a Kelly Rowland entry, scandalous!
49 Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats - You will never ever see a country song on one of my lists after this.
48 Cold War Kids – Hang Me Up To Dry
47 Bon Jovi - Lost Highway - This is a good song.  Seriously!
46 Alicia Keys - No One
45 British Sea Power – Atom
44 The Fray - How To Save a Life
43 Los Campesinos - You! Me! Dancing!
42 Sara Bareilles - Love Song
41 Gym Class Heroes - Cupid's Chokehold
40 Diddy - Last Night
39 Jamie T - Sheila
38 Jack’s Mannequin – I’m Ready
37 Kings of Leon – On Call
36 Mat Kearney - Nothing Left To Lose
35 Nelly Furtado – Do It
34 Hard-Fi - Suburban Knights
33 Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music - I can't even begin to express how much I despise Rihanna, but for some reason there is no resisting this song.
32 Jarvis Cocker - Don't Let Him Waste Your Time
31 Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
30 Hard-Fi - Television
29 Amy Winehouse - Rehab - I thought this was '06, but it's not on last year's list so here it is.
28 T-Pain - Buy U A Drank - I laughed at the title of this song for a month until I actually heard it.  T-Pain, U R so smooth!
27 Snow Patrol - Set Fire to the Third Bar
26 Jack Penate - Second, Minute, or Hour
25 Air Traffic - Time Goes By - Be warned, lots of Air Traffic in this list.
24 Fergie – Glamorous
23 Air Traffic - I Like That
22 Bloc Party - The Prayer
21 Mat Kearney - Undeniable
20 Editors - Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors
19 Eric Hutchinson – Rock n Roll
18 The Bravery - Fistful of Sand
17 Peter, Bjorn, and John - Young Folks - I was pretty late getting on the P, B, & J train.
16 Justin Timberlake - Lovestoned - This entry is high up 98% due to the second half of the song, love it love it love it!
15 Feist - 1234 - I really hate Feist, this was all that stupid iPod commercial's fault.
14 Fall Out Boy - Thnks Fr Th Mmrs
13 OFFICE - Oh My - Oh My God, Oh My God, I really love this song.
12 Los Campesinos! - We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives - Best lyrics ever?
11 Air Traffic - Shooting Star
10 The Pipettes - Why Did You Stay? - I didn't get this album until recently, shockingly really great!
9 The Fratellis - Flathead
8 Incubus - Dig - I've played this one on repeat about 2946 times.
7 Hard-Fi – Can’t Get Along Without You - I need to find a place that has this on their karaoke list.
6 Kate Nash - Foundations - Some lyrics in this song are great, and others are horrendous but it's still slightly irresistable.
5 The Pipettes - Dirty Mind
4 Just Jack – Starz in their Eyes
3 Klaxons - Golden Skans
2 Incubus - Oil & Water - This song makes me wish I had Brandon Boyd's voice.  Or that I actually was Brandon Boyd.
1 Air Traffic - Charlotte - Dear Air Traffic, Looking forward to seeing you again in 2008, I heart you LOTS! Love, Me

4 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Wow, I don't have the memory to do one of these.
[Word verification is 'nw fad nj' - ha ha]

Meredith said...

I was so good this year, every new song that I liked I added to a 'Best of 2007' playlist on iTunes so it was all there for me!

Big Daddy said...

That's a good idea.

Meredith said...

Just realized I totally forgot to include "Too Late, Too Late" by Mr. Hudson and The Library, whoops.