Thursday, November 01, 2007

There's Red Stains All Over the Place (They're Not Blood They're Cherryade)

I made it to Alex's party last night to watch the parade. What an amazing apartment in an amazing location! A duplex in itself usually blows my mind but my god, this was ridiculous!!
srgsg
Ben and Esmeralda (visiting from Mexico), came to the party with me also (PS - nice work on the Pimms Alex.) We mostly watched the parade (right above 6th ave.) from the window. I saw some really good costumes, like that stalker astronaut in a diaper, the two muppets who sit in the theater balcony, a Lego bride and groom (they couldn't kiss, it just physically did not work), and someone inside an actual claw machine. My photos of the parade came out crappy though.
View from the apt.

Neon Stick Figure People

Roommates

Ben dressed as 'Ben with a Job' and Esmeralda dressed as a 'Tourist'This mullet is still cracking me upThriller

Someone else dressed as a Deal or No Deal Girl (had to take this for my friends)

I'm a non-flying angel

As of December 1st, I'm a non-flying angel with health insurance (finally!) And speaking of health, I got a flu jab this morning and it hurts.

3 comments:

Big Daddy said...

You get hired permanent, or finally got bennies from the agency?

Either way, congrats!

Meredith said...

To answer your question (without putting my fist through the wall), they have not hired me permanently ("MTV doesn't do that"), and I have not been given benefits from the temp agency.

I did finally qualify for discounted insurance though through the Freelancers Union. This is only costing me $325/month + $30/month for dental. EEK!!!!!

Big Daddy said...

At least your covered for flu season now.