Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Sound of the Underground

I got asked out on a date on the subway this morning, um, yeah. The real annoying thing about this situation is that this guy gets on at my bus stop (I've seen him tons) so now it's going to be hard to avoid him. He started talking to me on the train when I finished my book and was transitioning to my iPod. He talked non-stop the entire ride and kept telling me how he would see me at the bus stop in 2002-2003 but then I disappeared and now I'm back, and do I live on this street or that street, and where do I work? I tried to give vague/wrong answers but I felt stuck and didn't know what to do since technically he was being nice and I wasn't about to get off and wait for the next train. Then when he asked me out and I told him I had a boyfriend, he still insisted on going to dinner as friends (went on about this for a good 10 minutes) which I want to no part of. I didn't have a pen to take his number (thank God) but he said next time he sees me he'll give it to me. Obviously I won't call but now I'm going to have to see this guy everyday for my entire commute?! Help!! This transportation invitation tops it, I think I've now seen, heard and done it all - hooked up with a guy I met on the E train, kissed someone on the Silverlink platform, and dated a guy I met at the Kentish Town bus stop. I'm going to wear a hat and sunglasses to work from now on.

I saw Across the Universe on Sunday. For those who don't know (I don't think it's been released in Europe and it's not in wide release in the States), it's a movie set in the 60's (covers all the main controversial topics) but the whole thing is set to Beatles songs - as in the characters sing the songs within the context of the movie, just like a musical. The plot was predictable but I loved it nonetheless and can't wait for the DVD. 'Strawberry Fields Forever' was the best scene but here's a good one for 'I've Just Seen a Face.'

Lai dai dai da da dai.

3 comments:

Big Daddy said...

That sucks about the commute guy.

Is he at least cute?

Meredith said...

NO! He is really creepy.

Big Daddy said...

Ack!