Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Making People Scared Won't Get You Very Far

Happy Halloween! (Well, almost.) On Saturday night a bunch of us opted to do a scavenger hunt for the holiday for a change. It was the "Ghosts of Greenwich Village Hunt" which was actually really cool. It was a 2 hour hunt in teams of 6 that started off in Washington Square Park. We had to find answers to the clues all over the west village (seriously, I thought I knew the w.v. so well - after all I always planned for it to be a future habitation at some point) but I saw some streets I'd never even heard of before that were really so un-Manhattanlike and lovely! Most of the answers were found on plaques on brick walls (which I never noticed before), things mainly referring to famous people (like Mark Twain, Washington Irving, the apt. from Friends.) We were bothering local residents and asking them to help us out too which was quite funny at times. There was one answer we couldn't find on West 10th street between 5th and 6th, and now that I know it, I intend to go back there to find the plaque because it's still frustrating me. Anyways, we made all the stops in time but somehow our team still came in last (at least we can say we got into the Washington Mews courtyard unlike our friends though so take that!)

I dressed up as Lily Allen but unsurprisingly nobody knew it until I told them (I thought it was a good outfit, but it definitely would have went over better in London.) I did see an Amy Winehouse in the bar who suggested we could fight later which was nice. Some other notable outfits I spotted were a giant gecko, a giant sperm (who got wet stuff on my microphone I might add, eww), Victoria Beckham, and two older women who I think were supposed to be from Mama's Family. I didn't see anything super original, except for Milli Vanilli who had the best outfits of the evening by far (photos to follow.)

Sun is in the sky oh why oh why would I wanna be anywhere else? Deal or No Deal Girls One of Mandel's Models, Avril Lavigne, and French Maid People Kept Stealing My Mic To Sing (tre annoying - not Kat, the randoms) Milli Vanilli got on the bar and sang 'Girl You Know It's True' They had on tight white legging-shorts, short shirts, and did the running dance like in the video (SO FUNNY!!!) Gecko, Jess, Kristine, Heather, and Kat Me with earrings! (You won't see this again until next Halloween if at all) Buddy the Elf with Jenn (Strawberry Shortcake, not a Pumpkinhead like the freaks in Washington Square were calling her)

And the obnoxious people of the day award goes to...

The two people who exited the elevator this morning, allowing me to get in, the door closed and it didn't move, forcing me to get out an go into another car. Why couldn't the two people who got out of it originally tell me that it was broken? Assholes!

On a nicer note, congratulations on your engagement Lauren and Eric!!!

1 comment:

Big Daddy said...

Amy Winehouse was a big costume among The Gays this year it seems.

I know four people that went as her.