Monday, October 08, 2007

Long Beach Dub Allstars

After this weekend, I'm really not sure how my liver is still functioning. Let's just say that I've made up for all the nights I've stayed in over the past two months.

On Friday night Kat and I had some dinner, dessert, and lots of Trader Joe's wine at her place before going out around hers with some of her friends. Not quite sure how I did it, but I managed to wake up nice and cheery at 10 am the next day (well, more cheery after I got a bagel and coffee from Dunkin' Donuts) and did my 1 hour and 45 minute commute home. With no hope of taking a nap (too much caffeine), Heather and I headed out to Long Beach in the afternoon to get our Irishfest on.

Heather brought her fake teeth* with her and we were pissing ourselves laughing.

One of these things is not like the other...Ralph (before he knocked 1943 of his opponents' beer pong cups over)Justin and MatteoStiffy's house is sooo nice. It's like a real person's house and it's right near the beach.That's a Red Sox blanket behind us (my RS fan friends should be happy about this.)

Since Heather and I got there late (5:30ish) we were behind everyone else on the drinking so we met them all at the outside part of Minnesota's (you had to pay to go inside.) It was the one night this whole year I actually decided to wear my 3-inch chunky platforms which was the smartest move because we had been relegated to using port-o-potties and there were huge beer puddles all over the ground (everyone else was in flip flops.) Anyways, by a majority vote we went back to the house early, drank there, and by some way of a miracle (I had wanted to stay out) went back to another bar at 1:00 am and got our groove on.

Stiffy & Jessica in the later bar

More teeth action, this time on the bottomVodka + Sprite = yumThe next day (again not sure how I didn't have a hangover...Heather is another story but I won't write about it, instead I'll just laugh silently to myself) we went to Bumblefuck, Long Island to go apple picking.Most of the apples were on the ground. The survivors on the trees were in pretty disgusting shape.Heather jugglingThe green ones were definitely healthier.We stopped off for roasted corn on the way home (didn't buy any pumpkins though.)

I've been pretty busy at work and haven't been so proactive with my job search. In the words of Radiohead "You do it to yourself, you do, and that's what really hurts." I am indeed really mad at myself.

*We got the disugusting fake teeth as our complimentary toys in our frozen margaritas at 5 Burros. We did not fail to impress gross out the other patrons there.

No comments: