Monday, July 16, 2007

Cheerio Peeps!

I'm off to London in a little bit. I'm finally starting to get excited, I still was in the mindset that I had to go to work this morning so it hasn't really snapped that I'm flying out shortly.

I've had a busy week. I worked late a few times and went out with my department on Thursday night. With two co-workers in tow, we then met Heather and co. at The Irish Rogue. Liz had gotten a tip that the dad from The Wonder Years was downstairs and we flew down the steps. To our disappointment he wasn't there (boo.) I later learned a new equation:

2 strawberry martinis + 2 and 1/2 cosmos - dinner = falling asleep on the QM1A and waking up with the bus driver yelling at you and having to walk home from Lakeville Road at 1:30 am on a Thursday.
lihuh
My neighborhood is ridiculously quiet and therefore seriously creepy at night, not good when you've been drinking. I almost vommed on the bus the next morning (typical there was Union Turnpike construction, my iPod was broken, and I couldn't bring myself to read, all I could do was stare at the traffic and contemplate hopping off the bus.)

I had Gail's bridal shower on Saturday (no photos because they all came out too dark.) I was really nervous since I hadn't been in a bridal party before but everything turned out well, esp. the scrapbook which looked great (hint hint friends please do one for me when I get married? Thanks!) At night Liz and I stopped for a drink at Barramundi on Clinton where they offer a beer, knish, and a pickle for $8. We went to The Delancey for Meghan's birthday but were banned from the roof garden (well, we weren't paying $10 for is it is actually what I mean.) Good assortment of music and the last song we danced to before leaving was 'Poison' which was ridiculously appropriate as it was Liz's last Saturday night out in NYC.

Jared, Jenny, and the Birthday Girl

Everyone wore dresses and looked super pretty but no one had given me the memo :(

I Hadn't Seen Jared in Like 15 Months or Somezing, Yeah!!

Looking for a Mellow Fellow like DeVoe

One of the Two Tallest Guys I've Ever Seen Behind Liz (Photo Doesn't Do Him Justice)

I ran tons of errands yesterday (and got $15 jeans at Express!!) Erica, Heather, Liz, and I went for a final foursome dinner at a hibachi place on Queens Boulevard. I heart ginger dressing.

I'm glad to report that my boyfriend went to Pamplona to run with the bulls for a bachelor party and he has returned without a horn stuck in his ass or any other injuries. I may blog from LDN if I've got free time during the days, otherwise I'll be back on 31/7 (have to get used to writing like that again.) Ooh, and I won't have to tip bartenders when I'm there, YESH!!!!!

1 comment:

Big Daddy said...

You don't tip bartenders in London?

Have a safe trip!