Monday, May 28, 2007

Take My Breath Away

Lots to catch up on. I'll break everything up into separate posts methinks.

Last Tuesday was Elliot Yamin's show at Bowery Ballroom. That was after a crazy man in the 2nd Ave. subway screamed at me that I was a "fucking asshole" and threw stuff up the steps at me (I've never ran so fast in my life.) Still shaken from that freak, I decided to accept an ever-so-nasty Jaegermeister shot from the bartender at that red bar on Ludlow, I can never remember the name.

Josh Hoge was the opening act. He was pretty good for someone I had no expectations of. This is him:
This is me and Heather with him after the show (he wasn't very friendly tho):
Elliot was so great! His voice is smoove like butta.

Hoge came out for a duet too.(why do I have so many photos of this show?)
At the end Elliot did a one song encore with just his keyboard player which was "A Song For You." I didn't record that one though, I recorded "Take My Breath Away." The vocals get really good towards the end of the video:

We tried to meet him at the end of the show. Instead we met J.H. and Elliot's brother. We talked to him for like 5 minutes, he was so nice! No Elliot - he ran out once and all the 40 year old women we were left with (literally) chased after him (I think Heather touched his back though.) When he finally came out to take photos, the security guards ushered us out, so this was all I got:

Great show Els!

No comments: