Wednesday, April 11, 2007

You're Not in the Bowery, You're Not Coming In!

Last night was Klaxons at Bowery Ballroom. I didn't get my groove on too much; the most I could get away with without looking like a total lunatic amongst the mainly stiff New York crowd was moving my upper body and clapping while my feet remained glued to the floor. They started with 'The Bouncer' which made me laugh at first because they replaced the 'your name's not Dan, you're not coming in' with the above subject line, and some 'listen New York I told you once I told you twice you're not on the list!' My favorite song of the night was 'As Above, So Below' despite the fact that they messed it up and had to start it again. I liked it overall regardless of some backing tracks assisting them - I love that album and they played it well.

Looking at the one who appears to have not brushed his hair in about a year makes me pee a little, it's just so unruly! And to think I used to consider him the cute one, eek. On that note, I'm sure my boyfriend won't mind me mentioning the fact that James on the right side is the most adorable/looks like he's 18 years old/mini Josh Hartnett I've ever seen. I haven't been this wowed at a band member since I first laid eyes on Luke from the Stands back at Glastonbury (and we all know what minor stalking went on after that.)

Here are some (crappy) photos:

Also here's 'Golden Skans' - textbook performance but still a great song:


The only "celebrity" spots at the show were Matt Pinfield, god of music knowledge and former MTV VJ/host of the best show ever (120 Minutes) and John Norris, MTV News guy who I saw like 3 times last week at my temp job.
lkhlg
I'm watching American Idol right now. Sanjaya was just told he's safe again (@$!#%$RYU#@!) I think Phil should go but I think Hayley will. Jennifer Lopez is about to perform and I'm going to bash my head into the wall.

No comments: