Tuesday, March 27, 2007

When You're a Stranger People Are Strange

People here are so random! I've become a target of drunk morons and just plain weirdos.

Example #1:
I was walking down 50something street, not very drunk, minding my own business, eating my first slice of NY pizza since I'd been back (it was heaven), wearing jeans, sneakers, and a jacket (obviously nothing slutty), at about 11:30 pm. A car drives past me and this follows:
Guy: You're a whore!!!!
Me: You're an asshole!!!
Guy: You're a cunt!!!

Huh? I certainly didn't ask for that. I quickly brushed it off and went back to eating my pizza.

Example #2:
A guy outside of a bar on the Lower East Side asked what Liz and I were doing standing there.
Me: Shivering.
Guy: Are you going into the bar?
Me: Maybe, if it's warm.
Guy: Wanna come to my apartment??

Talk about putting in no effort.

Example #3:
Liz and I had gotten pizza (I'm on a roll) at Ray's on Houston after the previous incident.
Guy approaching our table: Have you ever Googled yourself?
Me: Yes.
Guy: What did you find?
Me: A flyer I made from my old company. What about you?
Guy: A few things from high school, college, etc.
Liz: Uh huh, yeah, uh huh.
Me: My phone is ringing, sorry gotta take it.

People are random when they are drunk. Speaking of which, I think I've fallen completely in love with 'Rosé' by The Feeling which took quite a while to grow on me. Aside from it being a beautiful song, it's completely dedicated to wine! I'll allow you to share my love, but it's better if you minimize the screen so you can listen to it without the video (much better that way):



I'm now going to return to my book, A Piece of Cake, which I'm obsessed with.

Current Music: Texas - Inner Smile

No comments: