Sunday, January 07, 2007

Hello 2007!

Happy 2007! 2006 came to a lovely close.

I went to Dave's family's house in Essex for the Xmas holiday. The weekend started with his parents' Christmas Carol/Karaoke party. First we did the holiday songs and the kids got to request gifts from Dave's dad Santa.
During Karaoke I managed to not embarass myself too much (after a few drinks) by singing 'Angel of Harlem' in front of his whole family. We did a couple of other tunes as well, I was dead by the time the party ended at 3:00 am.

David doing Dylan

Me and Antony doing 'In the Morning' by The Coral

Dave and his mom doing the Zep

Post Xmas, we went ice skating at the Tower of London.

It was very windy!
Saturday was a Mountbatten convention. Ryan was in town from NY and Sunil was back from Brussels. We went to lunch also with Shiraz, Dave W., and Zoe & Hal. Later on I met Joy for a coffee and at night it felt like I had been shot in the right side of my face because my sinus was killing me. I watched The Devil Wears Prada which was completely unimpressive (the book was better) and Memoirs of a Geisha which I didn't finish yet (pretty good so far, the book is excellent.)
lhkgkuf
My New Year's Eve plans weren't decided until the last minute. I ended up in Balham but was in a bad mood, had a hissy fit (well, we were in the worst-rated Wetherspoons in the UK after all!!) and ended up watching the fireworks from Dave's bathroom at midnight which was very nice.

On New Year's Day I finally made it on the Eye!
I made it to the Sports Cafe to watch football which was really nice! I also went to Ana's newish flat in Highbury, and went to First Friday this week. Barnet v Colchester in the FA Cup got rained out yesterday so that's been rescheduled but instead we saw Perfume which was close to excellent. There's a cafe in Kings Cross which I think is new. It's called The Other Side and is cute and pretty good, I recommend it. Alex's birthday was last night and we went to Zebranos off Carnaby Street to celebrate. I didn't go to the Roxy after though because my sinus was attacking my face again and my shoes were crushing me almost as badly as my ice skates did last week.
kjgkufkjyf
Tonight I'm off to Bodeans (where I also ate BBQ the other day, yum) to watch some American football action with Ben, et al. Tomorrow I get to work 9-5 like normal people, I'm so excited!
khgkug
Current Music: Ash - Petrol

No comments: