Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Footloose

For those who know, my support of League 2 team Barnet FC is somewhat of a joke. Last December when Erica and Heather visited, we wanted to see a professional football match for cheap. Barnet were playing that day, were located on the Northern Line, and tickets were inexpensive. Being that they are the only professional team I had seen since living in England, that was how they jokingly became my team to support.

Last night I went to watch Barnet v Colchester in their third round FA Cup match. Things looked very grim for the Bees after the first half when they were losing 0-1 to the team who sits 56 spots above them in the Championship. I was thinking how I could play for them, they were playing that poorly. Then by way of some miracle, things turned around in the second half, leading to a 2-1 victory, consequently sending Barnet into the 4th round for the first time in history. I couldn't cheer though because I'd bought £11 concession tickets in the opposition seats and thought if I did the Colchester fans would kick my ass.
So YIPPEE!!!!!!


Yeah Barnet!

No comments: