Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Curious Incident of the Lemonade in the Night-time

The Scene: My Kitchen
The Object: One 2-Liter Bottle of Sainsbury's Diet Lemonade, 2/3 full
The Objective: Drink Said Lemonade
The Scenario: I go into the kitchen heavy with thirst. As I rarely buy bottles of soda for the home (they are too heavy to carry with other groceries), I am filled with excitement as I open the fridge to drink my rarely-there treat. My soda is not in the door where I left it.
The Reaction: Shock, Confusion, Anger
The Action: Check all over the kitchen as well as fridge #2 in the hallway.
The Suspects: Flatmate #1 - Me to her: Hey! Have you seen my lemonade by any chance? It's a 2-liter Sainsbury's Diet Lemonade and it was in the door of the fridge but I can't find it anywhere. Her to me: Provides a very sincere answer saying she didn't take it and suggests alternatives to where it may be or that perhaps someone else thought it was their's (strange considering there was a 2-liter bottle of Schweppes Lemonade on the table which is obviously better quality and worth more but no one took that.)
Flatmate #2 - Me to her: Same as above. Her to me: Shrugs and grunts.
Flatmate #3 - Me to her: Same as above. Her to me: Same as Flatmate #1 with an added 'I didn't drink it!'
Flatmate #4 - Not questioned yet, but she admitted to finishing off someone's milk last week.
Thief may also be linked to my dwindling shaving gel.

Songs I'm obsessed with at the moment:
Rifles - 'Peace and Quiet'
OK Go - 'Here It Goes Again'
Muse - 'Starlight'
The Automatic - 'Recover'
Snoop Dog v. Huey Lewis and the News - 'Drop It Like It's Huey'
The Killers - 'When You Were Young' (yes, I admit it)

Also, I double booked myself for two gigs in one night. This is very annoying considering I haven't been to one in months. The original is Art Brut at Mean Fiddler, the second one is The Stills at 93 Feet East, both on 15/11/06. I'd rather see The Stills but think I've gotta get myself out of that one. Anyone want to buy my ticket?

Current Music: Badly Drawn Boy - The Blossoms

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may perhaps try another drink.

Big Daddy said...

It took awhile for that Killers song to grow on me. But the press on the new CD sounds bad. I don't know if I am going to risk it.

Meredith said...

All I've got in the flat is tap water, white wine, and vodka, hence the disappointment. I think I'm just going to put the next bottle in my cupboard and add ice when I want it.

WelshSoxFan said...

going to see Art Brut tomorrow at Irving and just got tix for Stills at Bowery. REALLY can't wait to see The Stills!!

Meredith said...

Last time I saw The Stills it was a free show and they played the whole album in order, it was so good! Have fun tomorrow!