Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Old Apartment

There's been closure on the old apartment. Liz and I called in all of our meter readings, shut down our utilities accounts, and scrubbed that mofo clean. I'm not kidding, the place is actually shimmering, you'd go blind if you saw it.

Example #527 of why my school is dumb:
Liz and I went to return our books to the school library the other day. I knew I had a bit of change left on my student card as I had originally planned to print my dissertation there so I told her she could use it to print out some documents. When I checked, I had a whopping £15.75 left?! There was no way I had put so much money on there and we stood there in shock at how dumb I must have been to have put that much on it. Then she checked hers and had £15 as well. Turns out the school gave us a 'gift' of £15 on our cards to start the new non-existent school year off with. As we had previously had our cards changed from expiring in June to expiring in September (the morons in the postgrad office thought they just wouldn't let us continue to be students throughout the dissertation writing period), the university now thinks we are starting another school year, hence the gift. Last year they only gave us £5 so I can't really complain, and it turns out that aside from printing myself a copy of my dissertation (cost me £10 per copy at my binding place, the school does it in a 'different' quality for £3 each) I have the option of using up the rest of my money on either purchasing blank DVDs, CDs, or a 512 gb memory key which I already have. Dumb school!!

I played 7 games of Sorry! in the pub today. And people wonder what I do while not attending university or working.

Current Music: Placebo - Meds

1 comment:

Big Daddy said...

I used to love me some 'Sorry'.