Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I Know New York, I Need New York, I Know I Need Unique New York

I think the easiest thing to do to describe my trip is to add on to my previously posted scedule of events.

Schedule of Events
Wednesday: Dinner at home; Dessert/Drooling at salad bar of Ruby Tuesday in LI with Erica and Heather
Thursday: Haircut (I had 3 inches cut here in April which nobody noticed but just did another 3 so I think now you can tell); Roosevelt Field Shopping with Erica; Beer Pong at Off the Wagon with Meghan, Kat, Erica, Heather, & Amanda - very disappointing, I think we've finally grown up. I enjoyed the free-poured Stoli Raspberry and Sprites and the upstairs bartender still remembered me though, holla!; Mamoun's - VERY disappointing. I think that me stuffing my face with Dylan's Candy Bar earlier in the day definitely contributed to my lack of appetite; Slept at Erica's triplex (yes, TRIPLEX)
Friday: Diner breakfast with Er; Shopping in the East 60s; Face-rape at Stila counter of Bloomingdale's (yes, it looked good; yes, I now know how to do great eye-shadowing; yes, I spent $70 on make-up; yes, I got very mad at myself and retured $17 of it at the Bloomies in LI); Dinner at Cilantro with Vicki, Julie, Rachel, Robyn, & Sherri (the hostess accidentally gave our table to other people (including a Binghamton Pi Lam guy) but we got free margaritas and guacamole for the trouble); Drinks with the same + Erica at Stir; Erica, Vicki and I grabbed a drink at Brother Jimmy's = Awful; Slept at Vicki's
Saturday: I bought a digital camera (finally!!) I should probably get to hooking it up. Also destroyed my feet in my flip flops as we walked through Tribeca and Chinatown; Brunch at Cafe Mozart with Heather M., Marni, Julie, & Vicki; More shopping; Lauren & Cheryl's Graduation Party at PS 450 with Julie, Vicki, Debbie, etc.; Heather's Birthday/Faith's coming home thingy at Bar 13 where I got to see the usual suspects plus Feldstein, Jenn, my brother, etc.
Sunday: Manicure (thank god); Roland's Wedding
Monday: Dinner at Boca Chica with Ryan, Gareth, & Kim; Drinks at Welcome to the Johnsons, 151, & 2A; Slept at Erica's
Tuesday: Erica and I checked out our old apt. The outside of the building is all yellow and changed from Kyung's Garden into a Pax!!! There's a Pax on 55th and 3rd, why do they need another one 4 blocks away?! We had Ess-a-Bagel like in the old days and I finally got my iced coffee since they don't understand what that is in London, then I got a pedicure (hallelujah); Went to Feldstein and Damien's apt in Mineola which is tre nice, then to Cheesecake Factory but I forgot that my brother wasn't working; Heather's Birthday Dinner at Portofino with Erica, Susie, Jessica et al; Saw Gail at her apt. in Bay Terrace
Wednesday: Cheeseburger Deluxe at the New Hyde Park Diner with my mom; ran lots of errands; Heather and Erica took me to the airport

Not too much has changed since I'd last been home in Sept. although lots of peripheral friends have gotten engaged (Congratulations Susie, Tara, and Alexandra!)

The only things I didn't have time to eat were Tasti D-lite (I'm still crying over that one), a lunchtime salad put together with my usual ingredients of lettuce, tomato, carrots, cucumber, corn, chicken, and mozzarella balls with lite caesar dressing, and a feta and spinach omelette. I barely did any drunken eating too, hooray for that!

Current Music: Third Eye Blind - I Want You

3 comments:

FINY said...

it was so so so great to see you sweetie!

Meredith said...

It was great to see you too! I hope you're feeling better!

James Behrens, OCSO said...

I love NYC and hope to get there again some day - James