Saturday, April 08, 2006

Shacking Up

Probably the coolest thing that has happened to me recently (although I guarantee that absolutely none of you will care) is the following story.

About two Wednesdays ago when my brother was here, we went for a quick drink at The Social after seeing We Will Rock You (great show by the way.) So we're downstairs and I see some band equipment that has a huge Boy Kill Boy sticker on it, which just sprung to mind how I saw them open for Shack in September and that they were pretty decent. Then I realized that all of the equipment actually had "Shack" stamped on it. So I was thinking that Shack definitely couldn't have played that night because I hadn't heard anything about it. So, of course I was curious and had to ask the roadie, who confirmed that Shack played a secret show and that they were sitting at a table about 10 feet away from us. My brother and I went up to them and started chatting with the bass player, who also introduced us to the singer. We were having a laugh, I was listening to this guy's iPod, talking about music in general and stuff, then the band decided to leave but the bass player stayed and hung out with us for the next hour. I think he was probably excited cause he's still a newbie (he joined two years ago, but the band is like 15+ years old.) He bought us drinks and we just chilled in the bar. I also got a high five and a "your sister is so cool" comment for living in Kentish Town, as he lives in Tufnell Park (finally praise for living here, and from a rock star no less.) That was a great night, except for the end when we waited 25 minutes in the pouring rain at Kings Cross for the 214, which I'm still bitter about, naturally.

They are signed to Noel Gallagher's label too, so I finally attained a second degree of separation from God himself. Unless you count The Stands, but I'd say that's more of a social/mutual admiration relationship with God, than a business one.

Current Music: The Kooks - She Moves in Her Own Way

No comments: